N/S Sick to my Stomach (3 Viewers)

This is actually all Sean’s fault. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut and showed all his cards. You can’t do that when trying to snag a QB in the draft.

He played himself and we are paying the ultimate price as fans.

SP just up and left.

I run from recency bias..lol. The Chiefs offense has been sputtering all season since Mahomes has a roster of WRs equivalent to what Alex Smith had from 2013-2016. Truth is, Spags defense got Reid his first Super Bowl. And all CSP had on Reid was the SB. Win % and division titles/playoff wins went to Reid. Truth is, when you look at what Reid had to go against with the Eagles, it makes sense and was less to do with choking and literally playing the best teams in the league.
What you've said all were very true.

However, Andy Reid had been a head coach longer than Payton by at least 7 years, since 1999. Also Andy Reid didn't face the same kind of problems that Sean Payton had faced. Meaning that Payton had to deal with a fictitious bountygate punishment that resulted in a 1 year suspension, several high draft picks being taken away in the 2012-13 seasons that hampered the Saints. And the No Call foul that prevented the Saints from advancing to the Superbowl in the 2018 season.

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
Having Andy Ried probably more important than Mahonnes. SP had Drew one of the greatest of all time what could Andy have accomplished with him? I think three rings or more.

And all CSP had on Reid was the SB.

Is that all ?? LOL.. Super Bowls are pretty much the ONLY thing that matters when you look at head coaches.. Super Bowls are the ultimate head coach stat… By contrast, Super Bolws are NOT at all a quarterback stat.. a QB has to depend on 52 other guys, it’s not like Jordan with the Bulls or somehting where there’s only 4 other dudes on the court.. Which is why, even taking homerism and bias and subjectivity out of the equation- Drew Brees is the best QB in the history of the NFL.. he is #1 or #2 in most statistical categories along with Brady, Manning et al- AND he did it all while being a half foot shorter than those other guys…. Same reason i put Dan Marino as the second best QB in NFL history right behind Brees, it doesnt matter than Danny never won a Super Bowl .

The Saints didn't think they needed to trade up to get Mahomes and it was a terrible miscalculation.
I disagree with this assumption. Mahomes was taken the pick before the Saints. So you look at the fact that we still had a HOF QB who was still playing at an incredibly high level.

So you end up 1 pick away. If you attempt to trade up, you have to beat the Chiefs offer and drop drat capital that you desperately need considering we were coming off three consecutive 7-9 seasons and had a coach that was a hair away from being fired.

So I believe the Saints looked at it as a situation where they needed young talent to build up the defense. If Mahomes fell to them, they’d 100% take him - but if not, they’d build the defense.

The revisionist history comes in the fact that if we draft Mahomes - he sits behind Drew for at least 2-3 more seasons.

If we don’t draft Lattimore and due to trading up, possibly we don’t draft Kamara or Ram … or any of the defensive players like Williams or Anzalone - we don’t have the success we had in 2017.

So likely Payton gets fired before 2018.

Then what?

Payton knew Mahomes was special - but he landed in the perfect spot with Andy Reid, Kelce and for a time Hill.

Do we think he dropped in the draft because everyone thought he was a generational HOF multi-Super Bowl winning QB?

Reid was able to craft an NFL offense around the insane things Mahomes was able to do in college. Would Mahomes have done the same under Payton’s more rigid scheme?

Again, I don’t look at Mahomes as a “what if”. He was drafted before we picked and we ended up with the defensive rookie of the year who has consistently made our defense better and been one of the best CBs in the league since 2017.

If we traded up for Mahomes - we wouldn’t be the Chiefs and Mahomes probably wouldn’t be the Mahomes we know.

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
But what should be troubling with this is the fact of just how important the QB position is, its so important that I dont know why teams dont give up 3 years worth of first rounders for a Burrow, Mahomes, or the real sure QB prospects you know is going to turn it around. Like I was a owner, I would of been giving alot of draft capital for Cincis 1st round pick knowing what Burrow is and then relied on FA to fill gaps. Apparently to my knowledge not one single NFL team was trying to do it.

But the QB position being so important really seems more like a problem when you think about it, because even though you can say its a team effort, it seems success of these teams is 90% QB and 10% team. You think Cinci would of made the playoffs let alone a SB with any other QB? or CJ Stroud making the playoffs with Hou? Both those teams prior to Burrow and CJ were near the bottom in wins.

I just see this league is around QBs now where its a problem where majority of these franchises from the start of the new season is just blowing wind because they dont have a Mahomes, Purdy, Hurts, Burrow, ect..... Thats how I have felt for years about the reality of the NFL. Especially more true now since Brees has retired. Thats not to say Derek Carr cant bring us, but you know its not happening.

I know @Mr. Blue Sky is already sick, I figured he would want to watch this video to feel worse.

I like Rollins’ videos, and he lays out how Mahomes is like Brady 2.0 (not a clone, but an upgrade).

This is actually all Sean’s fault. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut and showed all his cards. You can’t do that when trying to snag a QB in the draft.

He played himself and we are paying the ultimate price as fans.
Myth. I've never seen more than speculation on this.

And forgive me for pointing this out, but almost all speculation is worthless conjecture, usually cooked up to support a desired narrative and/or sell clicks.

But I welcome proof to the contrary.

Last edited:
But what should be troubling with this is the fact of just how important the QB position is, its so important that I dont know why teams dont give up 3 years worth of first rounders for a Burrow, Mahomes, or the real sure QB prospects you know is going to turn it around. Like I was a owner, I would of been giving alot of draft capital for Cincis 1st round pick knowing what Burrow is and then relied on FA to fill gaps. Apparently to my knowledge not one single NFL team was trying to do it.
It's hard to know what's true around draft time, but I think the opposite was reported. Teams wanted Burrow, but the Bengals knew he was just as important to their franchise as you say, so they said 'no thanks'.

Last edited:
I've never bought in to this fantasy.

If Payton 100% wanted Mahomes, he would've traded up high enough to secure the pick, and not (gambled) and left the door open for Kansas City to trade up to get him.
A part of me believes that SP didn’t want to replace Drew at that time.

A part of me believes that SP didn’t want to replace Drew at that time.

I believe that Loomis, Payton, and Brees - for winning the Super Bowl - were given the perk of being able to stay as long as they wanted and leave on their terms. Sean did not want to cause an issue for Drew.

In the 2017 draft, using Payton's rubric, Mahomes could only have been a 'want', not a 'need' or 'must have.' Plus my recollection is that as the draft was happening, we were all getting big-eyed watching Latt drop to us. (We thought we were slated for Derek Barnett)
And think about the Bears - they traded up to #2 for Trubisky. They blew it.

Now, the other hindsight headline in 2017 for you - directly after the Saints took Latt, Roger Goodell steps back to the podium and says "With the 12th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select MR. FUNK DEM PICKS, Quarterback, Clemson University." Mr. Happy Ending would've surely gotten his massages in NOLA, maybe for far cheaper than at The Houstonian.

The saga got worse, even mortal for the Saints trajectory in 2018, starting with the draft. Swimmer got wind of something at his bacteria infested gym, steroided up his cred, because suddenly, swimmer was now AN INSIDER.
The Saints traded the franchises' testicles to move up from 27 to whatever to draft Marcus Davenport, Starter at Injury Report, from Texas El Paso Tech A&M Central College for Savant Football Players.

Had the Saints just stayed at #27, they get Lamar Jackson, and, they have their 2019 first round pick.

The epilogue - here's how it ended for the Saints, and swimmer.

4jcE.gif

Last edited:
I believe that Loomis, Payton, and Brees - for winning the Super Bowl - were given the perk of being able to stay as long as they wanted and leave on their terms. Sean did not want to cause an issue for Drew.

In the 2017 draft, using Payton's rubric, Mahomes could only have been a 'want', not a 'need' or 'must have.' Plus my recollection is that as the draft was happening, we were all getting big-eyed watching Latt drop to us. (We thought we were slated for Derek Barnett)
And think about the Bears - they traded up to #2 for Trubisky. They blew it.

Now, the other hindsight headline in 2017 for you - directly after the Saints took Latt, Roger Goodell steps back to the podium and says "With the 12th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select MR. FUNK DEM PICKS, Quarterback, Clemson University." Mr. Happy Ending would've surely gotten his massages in NOLA, maybe for far cheaper than at The Houstonian.

The saga got worse, even mortal for the Saints trajectory in 2018, starting with the draft. Swimmer got wind of something at his bacteria infested gym, steroided up his cred, because suddenly, swimmer was now AN INSIDER.
The Saints traded the franchises' testicles to move up from 27 to whatever to draft Marcus Davenport, Starter at Injury Report, from Texas El Paso Tech A&M Central College for Savant Football Players.

Had the Saints just stayed at #27, they get Lamar Jackson, and, they have their 2019 first round pick.

The epilogue - here's how it ended for the Saints, and swimmer.

4jcE.gif
💯💯💯💯💯💯💯 post!!!!

LOVED the Mr Funk Dem Picks🤣🤣🤣
My gosh that was good times

Posted this a few times in similar threads, but we wouldn’t have won the division four straight times from 2017-20 and had fairly deep playoff runs three of those years had we drafted Mahomes but not fixed the defense ahead of the 2017 season. Had to stop allowing a million yards a game like they’d done the previous three seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom