N/S Sick to my Stomach (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT as a lifelong Saints fan, as im sure most of us are.. and as a season ticket holder, which im sure many of us are- when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on Brees .. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
LSU fans understand this loud and clear

I realize ur not supposed to dwell on these things.. and so i dont.. BUT when i do let my mind wander, and i watch Mahomes play.. and i think about how badly Payton wanted him, and how close we were to getting him.. it makes me nauseous because these are the types of things that change organizations, and change entire cities.. There’s simply no WAY Payton ever leaves NOLA if we draft Mahomes.. imagine a world where Mahomes sits behind Brees for a couple years, much as he did behind Alex Freaking Smith.. then becomes the starter.. in this world, the unthinkable happens- the team actually improves on brees.. we UPGRADE over Drew Brees…. We become an absolute machine AND there’s an excellent chance we are playing in the Super Bowl next year in our home Dome, competing for probably our fourth or fifth Super Bowl win in that game …. Ok im not gonna think about it anymore .
Alex Smith in 2017 with Spags defense probably finds himself in the Super Bowl too...lol. I don't know what you saw but I just saw the defense win the AFC Championship for the Chiefs, as they did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half, which has been their problem all season.

I don't know what you saw but I just saw the defense win the AFC Championship for the Chiefs, as they did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half, which has been their problem all season.

You are letting recency bias cloud ur judgement .. dont look at just what happened 12 hours ago, look at the TOTALITY of Mahomes trajectory so far.. and never forget that pre-Mahomes, Sean Payton was a MORE ACCOMPLISHED head coach than Andy Reid was.. Mahomes would be an even better QB under Payton than he is under Reid, there i said it .

Alex Smith in 2017 with Spags defense probably finds himself in the Super Bowl too...lol. I don't know what you saw but I just saw the defense win the AFC Championship for the Chiefs, as they did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half, which has been their problem all season.
Yeah the Chiefs defense really step up this game. Containing Lamar Jackson from his best weapon (his legs) was the big difference. The Ravens had their chances. Would of been a different game if it wasn't for the turnovers. Mistakes in big games are a big no no in a playoff game.

Last edited:
Yeah I the Chiefs defense really step up this game. Containing Lamar Jackson from his best weapon (his legs) was the big difference. The Ravens had their chances. Would of been a different game if it wasn't for the turnovers. Mistakes in big games are a big no no in a playoff game.
I agree.. Ravens gave the game away.

You are letting recency bias cloud ur judgement .. dont look at just waht happened 12 hours ago, look at the TOTALITY of Mahomes trajectory so far.. and never forget that pre-Mahomes, Sean Payton was a MORE ACCOMPLISHED head coach than Andy Reid was.. Mahomes would be an even better QB under Payton than he is under Reid, there i said it .
Better qb under Payton? Love Payton but he hasn't been the developing qb or bringing out the best of anyone else under center. Andy Reid has been the master regardless of who's under center. McNabb, Vicks, Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, and now Mahomes. Being real here...Andy Reid is MORE ACCOMPLISHED.

You are letting recency bias cloud ur judgement .. dont look at just what happened 12 hours ago, look at the TOTALITY of Mahomes trajectory so far.. and never forget that pre-Mahomes, Sean Payton was a MORE ACCOMPLISHED head coach than Andy Reid was.. Mahomes would be an even better QB under Payton than he is under Reid, there i said it .

I'm curious how much that changes the remaining trajectory of that 2017 draft.

Arguably the greatest draft in Saints history......but without knowing what the Saints would've had to give up to move into that spot for Mahomes, who do we NOT end up with?

Obviously we don't end up with Lattimore......but do we still get Kamara?

Or is it merely a case of "who cares, we got Mahomes...everything else can figure itself out over the next few seasons"? That 2017 draft literally took us from the usual 7-9 nonsense to SB contender as the season wore on..

Yeah I the Chiefs defense really step up this game. Containing Lamar Jackson from his best weapon (his legs) was the big difference. The Ravens had their chances. Would of been a different game if it wasn't for the turnovers. Mistakes in big games are a big no no in a playoff game.
Mahomes will get all the "glory" but the defense stepped up BIG time. Spags gameplay worked to perfected and could stand up, even when the Chiefs offense didn't do crap in that second half. Gotta give a should out to the Ravens defense for the adjustments and given the offense a chance to get back in it but 2 turnovers in the red zone (even though that interception was a DPI) will cost you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom