N/S Sick to my Stomach (1 Viewer)

Alex Smith in 2017 with Spags defense probably finds himself in the Super Bowl too...lol. I don't know what you saw but I just saw the defense win the AFC Championship for the Chiefs, as they did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half, which has been their problem all season.
I was thinking about posting a query, as to Sean not firing Spags after Bounty-gate.

Why didn't Sean move up to draft Mahomes?

Are we not the kings of moving up to get "our guy"?
Maybe you don’t remember the story. Sean was moving up to get him. Chiefs pulled a last second draft move and got ahead of us. Sean was 100 percent ready to pick Mahomes.

I was thinking about posting a query, as to Sean not firing Spags after Bounty-gate.
I don’t think it ends up being the same for the Chiefs whether they have Mahomes or Smith. Here are their first five years in the Chiefs offense, only three games difference but Mahomes has 6k more yards and nearly double the TD’s. A lot of good defenses have come up short, Belichick’s defenses almost certainly don’t have as many rings to wear without Brady at QB.

05FBA9A0-6CEC-4403-9A7C-A96EC7E25367.jpeg

I don’t think it ends up being the same for the Chiefs whether they have Mahomes or Smith. Here are their first five years in the Chiefs offense, only three games difference but Mahomes has 6k more yards and nearly double the TD’s. A lot of good defenses have come up short, Belichick’s defenses almost certainly don’t have as many rings to wear without Brady at QB.

05FBA9A0-6CEC-4403-9A7C-A96EC7E25367.jpeg
This is also with Mahomes attempting over 500 more passes and completing nearly 400 more. If you take Alex Smith rates and yards per completion to have it match Mahomes' attempts, it is a LOT closer than a lot of people want to admit. And the thing is, we ignore that the shift in offensive philosphy with Alex Smith came with Tyreek Hill becoming WR1. That's why I said that I believe that the 2013, 2015, and 2017 Chiefs probably make deep playoff runs or the SB with Spags defense. Well, I take that back, as they lost to the Patriots and even if they won that, that Denver defense...smh..lol. Sutton's defense always broke in the playoffs.

This is also with Mahomes attempting over 500 more passes and completing nearly 400 more. If you take Alex Smith rates and yards per completion to have it match Mahomes' attempts, it is a LOT closer than a lot of people want to admit. And the thing is, we ignore that the shift in offensive philosphy with Alex Smith came with Tyreek Hill becoming WR1. That's why I said that I believe that the 2013, 2015, and 2017 Chiefs probably make deep playoff runs or the SB with Spags defense. Well, I take that back, as they lost to the Patriots and even if they won that, that Denver defense...smh..lol. Sutton's defense always broke in the playoffs.
I would agree that Tyreek makes a difference, but still hard to say that 2013-2017 Smith is the same or close to 2018-2022 Mahomes. I also included 2018-2020 Brees since he popped up at the top of the list on a few of these metrics next to Mahomes (minimum 1000 attempts over a five-year span):

PlayerTD %Y/AAY/AANY/A
Smith (2013-2017)4.27.27.466.52
Mahomes (2018-2022)6.58.18.678.08
Brees (2018-2020)6.67.98.678.16

Mahomes is putting up elite numbers, I think Smith was probably a better QB than he gets credit for but I wouldn't see him as a guy that would put up consistently elite numbers over a five-year span.

I don't think about it at all.
I try to do the same. Then I look at where we are now with our QB’S and I have to start drinking and doing drugs. It’s not great for a 60 year old to wake up in the gutter especially when you have to drive somewhere else to find a gutter.

I don't think about it at all.
Yeah I don't either. The only time I think about it is when it's brought up here. Look here's the deal, NFL history is full of what if scenarios. Saints history is full of them. What if the refs make the damn call and we go to a second Super Bowl? What if Gregg Williams doesn't have a brain meltdown at the worst possible moment and Vernon Bleepin Davis doesn't happen? What if the Saints knew how to draft during the 90s/early 00s?

The things that still bother me are things we blew on the field, the no call, and the HoF players we passed on in the draft in favor of "insert random dude here". But it's hard for me to get too worked up about a player that wasn't available to be drafted. SP should've traded up but still, the Saints didn't have an opportunity to draft Mahomes. So I never think about some dynasty that could've been. He wasn't on the board. No use in crying over spilled milk that we never even had.

It’s not worth worrying that much about. You can fill the HOF with players the Saints could have had, but didn’t.

If everyone knew what Mahomes would become, he would have gone #1. It’s a game of chance. You can drive yourself crazy thinking you can beat chance with skill. You can’t. Payton was ready to take Mahomes. But if he really believed in him, why not trade up? He didn’t, because he wasn’t sure. Nothing is sure in a game of chance

If we had traded for Mahomes, we would not have Lattimore, or maybe Ram, or Kamara, and the rest of the team would stink, Brees not coming close to the SB again.

If we had traded for Mahomes, we would not have Lattimore, or maybe Ram, or Kamara, and the rest of the team would stink, Brees not coming close to the SB again.

Buuuuttt .. Brees never got back there.. since when does “close” count for anything ?? Id rather have taken our chances with Patty Mahomes …im not trying to continue crying over spilled milk, im simply refuting the point you were trying to make with ur post .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom