Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (2 Viewers)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
I bet if most of the people complaining walked into the Saints draft room right now and was given a crash course on the grading system and saw the grades of the players left and what they mean...they'd suddenly be like "Aaaah, okay...that pick DID make sense. I get it now." lol
Bingo. No way should a player like Rattler have fallen this far

I have no problem.with picking Rattler. Thought he might have been drafted earlier. At 150, it could be good value. But, he is not what we need at this time. And many of the players we, the fans, wanted at TE, DT, S, LB, WR were gone. I guess DA and ML were picking BPA. Still scratching my head about it.

I wanted Michael Pratt 😭
I would have been happy with that too but I do think Rattler is better. Surprised his fell this far. If he had been taken earlier, like I thought he would, then Pratt would have been a perfect fifth round pick. But this is great value here. Hopefully Pratt goes to an AFC team!

He’s the ONLY QB I really wanted in this draft outside of being initially enamored w/ Bow Nix.

Best PA QB I watched and will be perfect behind Carr for 2-3 years. Yes yes yea yes yes

I just did 5 backflips when I got home and saw this.

We going back to the championship. DA got his QB

Yea yes yesssssss Super Saiyan Yea fuggggggggbhg

Not a single pick so far that adds a spark to what was a bad offensive team last year. Only thing to like about this pick is Rattler can play, and we are at least looking for the future at QB.
Oline had a lot to do with it. Addressed once. Skilled players not the issue. Poor 9ffensive scheme is gone. The issues of last year are being handled, but as far as adding to excitement in draft, you are correct.

He’s the ONLY QB I really wanted in this draft outside of being initially enamored w/ Bow Nix.

Best PA QB I watched and will be perfect behind Carr for 2-3 years. Yes yes yea yes yes

I just did 5 backflips when I got home and saw this.

We going back to the championship. DA got his QB

Yea yes yesssssss Super Saiyan Yea fuggggggggbhg

Credit to you. You were in on Rattler long ago.

From a talent point of view, this pick makes a lot of sense. Realistically probably should have been drafted earlier.

And while I would have preferred the best talent available was at a position of higher need, QB is an outlier position where the risk/reward proposition is different to other positions.

We expecting and prepping for getting carr destroyed behind the non existing left side our offensive line... hope these guy can roll right and throw on the run everyplay, because we are in trouble.
If they were expecting Carr to get destroyed and knocked out of games, they would've kept Jameis.

I don’t mind the philosophy of taking a QB in every draft. Greenbay used to do it, Brooks, Brunel, etc. I would have rather the Tulane QB but taking a QB is never a bad thing, unless it’s 8th overall and you just gave someone 160 million to be your franchise QB.

Last edited:
I don't follow college ball.

That being said, with the number of QBs the Saints already have under contract (I'm not even gonna address the Peterman disaster), and the number of other needs we have, I just don't see how this isn't a wasted pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom