Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
Mocks had him way too low. Most had him falling out of the first round, but he’s a first rounder for sure.
Man,, he is GOOD!

That said, I wanna know wat folk think about Rattlers arm strength/deep ball accuracy.

With Leggette, it was like Spencer would jus chuck it n let him find da ball n win da 50/50!

Well… we once had the Snake, so we may as well get the Rattler too. 👍

Rattler will be amazing in time..

This scheme was built for him.

I just hope our defense doesn't fade away by the time he starts

I always love draft day(s)

NFL Gm’s, Coaches, and other staff. You know, the professionals “this is a good fit, fills a need, and is great value for where we are at. This is our plan and we are sticking with it”

Fans on message board or social media “this is crazy, they don’t know what they’re doing, we had this need and that need”

Especially in the later rounds, truly cracks me up.
Or, “we reached for this guy. I (draft guru, etc.) had him rated so much lower on my board.”

I'm all for picking a QB every year or two and seeing of one works out. I'd much rather a guy like Rattler in the 5th then Penix at #8. Rattlers at least got some upside as compared to a pick like Haener. I didn't mind the Haener pick either but Rattlers got the tools. There's a reason he was so well thought of a couple years ago.

Also, I can't see why anyone would hate a 5th round pick at QB, no matter the prospect, especially given we had 3 5ths. I'm not a fan of DA or Loomis at this point but I can't fault them for this one.

Kind of a bold move not to address DT when you lost arguably your best run stopping DT with Roach. Still weak on the front four unless Foskey takes a huge leap and Turner magically stays healthy and becomes a contributor.
Most DT's in the 5th round not going to contribute much. DT takes a while to develop even first round picks take a few years to completely round out. If this was a day 1 or 2 pick I can see it but a day 3 dt has just as much chance of seeing the field as Rattler year 1.

Or, “we reached for this guy. I (draft guru, etc.) had him rated so much lower on my board.”

We got something for em....

fast-relief-v0-5ac85fulboxc1.jpeg

I had Rattler going in the fifth simply because of the baggage of that show. My dad's a South Carolina alumnus so I keep up with them more than most other college football teams. Without being on that QB1 show, he probably would've gone in the second. He brought an underwhelming program back to relevance in a pro-style offense that expected him to make half- and full-field reads instead of the gimmicky stuff most college programs seem to run. He also did it behind an awful line.

I'm all for picking a QB every year or two and seeing of one works out. I'd much rather a guy like Rattler in the 5th then Penix at #8. Rattlers at least got some upside as compared to a pick like Haener. I didn't mind the Haener pick either but Rattlers got the tools. There's a reason he was so well thought of a couple years ago.

Also, I can't see why anyone would hate a 5th round pick at QB, no matter the prospect, especially given we had 3 5ths. I'm not a fan of DA or Loomis at this point but I can't fault them for this one.
It's the way I feel as well. Based on my very untrained eye I would have drafted him before Bo Nix an
JJ McCarthy who went in the 1st round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom