Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
all I know is Gamecock fans absolutely LOVE this guy and many just became Saints fans just for giving him a shot

Good prospect; but living in SC this guy never lived up to the hype.

He should of had a much better college career; but that could be to several other factors as well.

Kind of a bold move not to address DT when you lost arguably your best run stopping DT with Roach. Still weak on the front four unless Foskey takes a huge leap and Turner magically stays healthy and becomes a contributor.

Kind of a bold move not to address DT when you lost arguably your best run stopping DT with Roach. Still weak on the front four unless Foskey takes a huge leap and Turner magically stays healthy and becomes a contributor.
Ah man, I mess Hubig's pies so much... :(

At least they're getting a Popeye's in Northern Ireland soon

Bryan Bresee
John Penisini
Khalen Saunders
Nathan Shepard
Khristian Boyd (R)

5 DT on roster; one was addressed in this draft

Turner and Foskey play DE, not DT.

Last edited:
I bet when it’s all said and done, Rattler will have had a better pro career than at least one of the 6 QBs who went in the top 12 picks of this draft.
well considering that 2/3 of 1st round QBs either wash out, or become career backups, that's a safe bet. I'm right there with you!

I really didn't like the pick when it first happened, but started thinking about the risk v. reward etc. and the fact that Carr hasn't solidified his future with the Saints.

In watching his highlights, Legette is absolutely unreal. Hate that the Panthers were able to land him.

Yep. Had the same takeaway when trying to study Rattler, the NFC South may be in some trouble with Legette. That guy had no business lasting until the end of round 1.

The Saints desperately need depth at DT, along the OL, and at LB. Rattler may be intriguing to some but he was basically a luxury pick. The Saints need rotational depth on the DL, backups at LB, a TE, depth RB, and depth at OT (even after adding Fuaga). The last thing they needed was an arrogant undersized developmental QB. Hopefully Rattler proves me wrong but I seriously doubt it.
How did you feel about the rest of the draft and UDFA?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom