Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (8 Viewers)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
The Saints desperately need depth at DT, along the OL, and at LB. Rattler may be intriguing to some but he was basically a luxury pick. The Saints need rotational depth on the DL, backups at LB, a TE, depth RB, and depth at OT (even after adding Fuaga). The last thing they needed was an arrogant undersized developmental QB. Hopefully Rattler proves me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

They have depth at DT. They only play 2 LBs and are 3 to 4 deep at the position. They could probably use another OL, but there are still 3 more picks and free agents available. What they need at those positions outside of LB are upgrades over starters and you aren't going to find an immediate starter in the 5th unless you get exceedingly lucky. Beyond that, they still have two 5th round picks and a 6th. Plus there are UDFAs and regular old free agents still out there to fill holes. The draft isn't just about this year. It's about the next 5 to 10 years. For too long they have treated it like it is about this year only. It's refreshing for them to draft for the future.

They had many, many other needs/holes…..

You don’t draft need when you need 3/4 of a team. You draft BPA. And play for the future.

There’s no chance they could’ve filled the holes this team has with the picks they had on the table. This team was going to have plenty holes regardless of how we drafted.

These picks are rebuild picks. I like all of them.

CB was the only position we didn’t really need to draft, but we did. And I’m fine with it. This is not a short term fix so we shouldn’t be drafting to fix short term problems.

This draft wasn’t going to be the difference between contending and middling around 7-10 to 9-8. To that end, we’ve had a decent draft.

Kubiak tied to Shanahan who got Brock Purdy. Maybe he sees something. The kid should be our #2. I'm not mad.

Guys, this is a great pick in the 5th. We need options for backup, which is extremely important. Right now the backup is likely Haener, and the coaching staff is obviously not thrilled with that because they have also brought in several free agent QBs. Rattler has a really good arm. Let’s see if he can develop. Good pick Saints.

Guys, this is a great pick in the 5th. We need options for backup, which is extremely important. Right now the backup is likely Haener, and the coaching staff is obviously not thrilled with that because they have also brought in several free agent QBs. Rattler has a really good arm. Let’s see if he can develop. Good pick Saints.
We expecting and prepping for getting carr destroyed behind the non existing left side our offensive line... hope these guy can roll right and throw on the run everyplay, because we are in trouble.

I bet if most of the people complaining walked into the Saints draft room right now and was given a crash course on the grading system and saw the grades of the players left and what they mean...they'd suddenly be like "Aaaah, okay...that pick DID make sense. I get it now." lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom