Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
Odd pick for sure. Maybe we have a few sleepers up, we still have a few picks today. I think.

That was last season. What if the grades we have on players at our perceived need positions are that of guys not likely to make the team? We can't just draft a position for the sake of drafting a position, you know?
Lol. I'm not arguing against the pick or the logic. Just stating a fact that it does indeed happen.

I like Haener but looks likes he's been served notice

As he should. I think Haener has a shot to be a good backup, but I think he needs to win the job. Rattler has a world of talent. He may never put it together but at least Haener will be competing against a guy that has the talent to make him work for it. And, you never know one of them could end up developing into a good starter. Some even had Rattler ranked over Penix. I'd much rather take Rattler at 150 than Penix at 8.

I think it's always worth it to take a flyer on QB. You never know when one turns out to be Purdy or even better.

Shouldn't reach for need at these levels. Always best to go with your rankings and I am sure Rattler, similar to McKinstry, was one of those guys that seemed to be far out-living his bubble.
The Saints desperately need depth at DT, along the OL, and at LB. Rattler may be intriguing to some but he was basically a luxury pick. The Saints need rotational depth on the DL, backups at LB, a TE, depth RB, and depth at OT (even after adding Fuaga). The last thing they needed was an arrogant undersized developmental QB. Hopefully Rattler proves me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

The Saints desperately need depth at DT, along the OL, and at LB. Rattler may be intriguing to some but he was basically a luxury pick. The Saints need rotational depth on the DL, backups at LB, a TE, depth RB, and depth at OT (even after adding Fuaga). The last thing they needed was an arrogant undersized developmental QB. Hopefully Rattler proves me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

I don't disagree about the needs, but contrary to popular belief, the draft does not represent an endless well of draftable talent.

What I mean by that is, what if our scouting grades show that the remaining guys left at those positions would have no chance of making the team? Not saying that's the case, just saying that those are the challenges that get faced once you get to day 3 and why most teams start to go strictly BPA at this stage.

This seems like a luxury pick, the kind of pick a team that's already loaded would make, with 10 picks already made.

I hate it. We already have Haener. I’ve seen Rattler play and it’s unlikely he unseats Haener. I would’ve taken Jordan Travis or Michael Pratt a bit later. They still have Mekhi Wingo on board at DT and Johnny Wilson at WR we could’ve taken. Our first two picks were good solid picks overall and should help us but this was a waste and is not making us better as a team. We need the right skill players and DL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom