Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
They had many, many other needs/holes…..

You're not going to fill holes in the 5th. Best you can do is take players you think you can develop in a few years as depth or special teams players. Sometimes you get lucky, but not very often. You can't count on filling holes in the 5th round.

You're not going to fill holes in the 5th. Best you can do is take players you think you can develop in a few years as depth or special teams players. Sometimes you get lucky, but not very often. You can't count on filling holes in the 5th round.
Agreed but we did do that with both our 5th and 6th last season.

I can't lie, this is the happiest I've been with a Saints draft in forever. It looks like they are sticking to a plan and not mortgaging the future while picking up solid pieces to the puzzle. I'm very happy so far.
Agreed. We aren't mortgaging th future and I love that.

Last snippet I'll post on Spencer:

Overview​

Four-year starter who took more starting snaps at South Carolina than he did at Oklahoma. Rattler will still flash glimpses of what he showed in his 2020 season as a Sooner but fails to consistently sustain the type of play that NFL teams look for. He lacks desired height for a pocket passer and doesn't have enough arm strength to beat greedy NFL cover men. He was better than some of his 2023 numbers might indicate, as poor pass-blocking and drop-prone receivers often put him in bad spots. He can scramble and extend plays, but he's not a dynamic runner and needs optimal protection and separation in order to work in rhythm. He needs an offense that can shrink the field so he can operate quickly and find his rhythm. He has the know-how but might not have the tape or traits to inspire confidence in projecting anything more than a QB2/3.

From NFL.com prospect page:

Attachments

• IMG_8320.png
    IMG_8320.png
    646.2 KB · Views: 16
Very similar pre draft profiles and comparisons

Both compared to Jay Cutler too. I’m not saying Rattler is Mahomes, but they profiled very similar pre draft.

Agreed but we did do that with both our 5th and 6th last season.

That was last season. What if the grades we have on players at our perceived need positions are that of guys not likely to make the team? We can't just draft a position for the sake of drafting a position, you know?

Very similar pre draft profiles and comparisons

If he becomes a 5th of what Pat is I'll be ecstatic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom