Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Saints Draft Spencer Rattler : how do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 97 24.4%
  • Like it

Votes: 110 27.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hate it

Votes: 72 18.1%
  • Too soon to to tell

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters
Wasted pick as far as I can see. Word was he had already lost his locker room at OU for his poor attitude and work ethic long before he lost his job to Caleb Williams.
I was just listening to South Carolina head coach, Shane Beamer, and the offensive coordinator talk about his character and they genuinely love the kid. People can change. Sounds to me like he matured a lot since that season at OU.

Ive watched Rattler for a while, from OK to South C, & yeah…w/all that talent that was still on the board, im not a fan.

Positives: Rattler is accurate when everything’s blocked & on schedule. He also does go through his progressions when he has time. South C hasnt had the most talented team over the last few years & it did seem like Rattler was regularly running for his life. I personally dont see him as a running threat, but he’s a pretty mobile guy & has the ability to keep plays alive w/his legs. He’s also had a lot of moments where he’s shown the ability to stand tough a complete passes while getting absolutely leveled by the pass rush. & to a degree, Rattler has also shown the ability to lead & even elevate the talent around him, namely WR Xavier Legette, who was nothing until Rattler force fed him & turned him into a 1st RD WR.

Negatives: Rattler clearly has arm strength issues. Remember when some fans were hating on Haener, questioning his arm strength last season. Well, Rattler has an even lesser arm than Jake. His throws kind of float out of his hands vs coming out w/real velocity & zip. His deep balls consistently fall short of the target, forcing receivers to gear down, allowing DBs to catch up to the throws. Rattler’s fairly mobile, but he’s not very accurate on the hoof, nor does he have the athleticism to threaten defenses as a runner. His footwork is also really sloppy. He throws way too much off of his back foot & doesnt consistently step up in the pocket, even in clean situations.

Kubiak & Co. are gonna need time & patience w/Rattler. But if they can get that dude’s tech right & get him to be more consistent, “maybe” he could end up ultimately being the guy. But in my brutally honest opinion, i think Haener is a better QB & has a better chance at being our future QB1 than Rattler. Especially in Kubiak’s O. This is a pure project pick to me & though the upside exists, i still dont think our QB1 of the future is in the building.

I wanted Travis. But while Rattler turned me off at OU, I did see him often in sportscenter highlights as a gaming cork.

He's nuts but he has pro arm talent, they say. The whole QB room right now is bizarre. Can't believe people are writing off Nate Peterman. He just might be the adult in the room.

Ive watched Rattler for a while, from OK to South C, & yeah…w/all that talent still on the board, im not a fan.

Positives: Rattler is accurate when everything’s blocked & on schedule. He also does go through his progressions when he has time. South C hasnt had the most talented team over the last few years & it did seem like Rattler was regularly running for his life. I personally dont see him as a running threat, but he’s a pretty mobile guy & has the ability to keep plays alive w/his legs. He’s also had a lot of moments where he’s shown the ability to stand tough a complete passes while getting absolutely leveles by the pass rush. & to a degree, Rattler has also shown the ability to lead & even elevate the talent around him, namely WR Xavier Legette, who was nothing until Rattler force fed him & turned him into a 1st RD WR.

Negatives: Rattler clearly has arm strength issues. Remember when some fans were hating on Haener, questioning his arm strength last season. Well, Rattler has an even lesser arm than Jake. His throws kind of float out of his hands vs coming out w/real velocity & zip. His deep balls consistently fall short of the target, forcing receivers to gear down, allowing DBs to catch up to the throws. Rattler’s fairly mobile, but he’s not very accurate on the hoof, nor does he have the athleticism to threaten defences as a runned. His footwork is also really sloppy. He throws way too much off of his back foot & doesnt consistently step up in the pocket, even in clean situations.

Kubiak & Co. are gonna need time & patience w/Rattler. But if they can get that dude’s tech right & get him to be more consistent, “maybe” he could end up ultimately being the guy. But in my brutally honest opinion, i think Haener is a better QB & has a better chance at being our future QB1 than Rattler. Especially in Kubiak’s O. This is a pure project pick to me & though the upside exists, i still dont think our QB1 of the future is in the building.
It’s a decent value pick but there were so many other needs.

Edge or guard made so much more sense.

I wanted Pratt but Rattler is interesting because of potential for a higher ceiling … Pratt will be a solid No. 2 for someone … I’ll take it. Haener and Rattler will be 2/3 on way or the other
Guys on WWL Radio are speculating that the reason Pratt is still undrafted is possibly because of an undisclosed medical issue.
Mike Detillier is really perplexed about it.
He said that one NFL team is going to get a steal as an UDFA.

From a competition standpoint, I do like it. Haener isn't going to make it easy on Rattler and vice versa, feels like they'll light a fire under each other.
Camp fight?

“This one time, at football camp…”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom