Jayden Daniels needs to be drafted by the Saints (2 Viewers)

Daniels won’t be a QB in the NFL unless he grows a lot bigger like Lamar Jackson. But I wouldn’t mind seeing what he could do with his threat to extend drives with his legs. But it would be hard to watch pro defenders unload on him while he’s trying to carry our team by running on every other play.
Living in the city of New Orleans with all that good food, getting bigger is not hard to do!

I have to say, I slept on Daniels as a pro prospect big time. I just didn't see it. But to be fair he didn't set the world on fire last year. This year though, good god. He's one of the fastest straight line runners I have ever seen at QB. His running style is awkward looking and he doesn't appear to be running that fast but he's flying by DBs who are running as fast as they can.

But here's the deal, NFL teams will come for his running but they will stay for his passing. He has improved as much as any QB you will ever see in one season. Last year it was one read and run. He didn't throw the ball down the field. The touch and accuracy weren't there. This year he's making full field reads and dropping dimes all over the field.

I like him better than most of the first round QBs we've seen in recent years. Just in terms of a pro prospect, he might be the best dual threat QB prospect since Cam Newton or RG3. To me he's a better prospect than Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray. I don't know who his comp would be. He's like Vince Young mixed with Joe Burrow.

The University of Oregon listed him at 6'4 231 lbs.
The Saints currently list him at 6'4 231 lbs.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 9.14.46 PM.jpg

There's an interview from TC where he talks about putting on 20lbs this offseason for his conversion to TE. He said it was easy in New Orleans b/c he ate a lot if crawfish.

The Saints site isn't the best site to reference height/weight. It’s usually outdated and just the weight from college.

Last edited:
Yeah no way Saints are getting him. They played their selves out of getting a top qb prospect.

Thier schedule was so favorable this year to begin with that at worst they were going to be a 5 win team.

Now it seems they will win at least 9. I think they beat Atlanta twice, Minnesota and Carolina should be wins.

Where's all the vitriol in this thread that was directed at anyone that wanted Tyjae Spears? Weird.

Time will tell if he can make the transition to pro ball. But he is the most fun college player to watch in several years. Enjoy while you can.

I'm all in. His passing ability has flourish ten fold through our the season and starting the flash WOW ability with his arm.

The crazy thing about his rushing ability is that mostly done with his elite vision not with speed.

I'm all in. His passing ability has flourish ten fold through our the season and starting the flash WOW ability with his arm.

The crazy thing about his rushing ability is that mostly done with his elite vision not with speed.

I'm not even sure we've seen his top speed. He's one of those guys that runs fast enough to stay ahead of whoever is chasing him.

Obviously an incredible runner but very difficult to evaluate as far as how his passing will translate to the pros. Here’s why:
1. His receivers are big and fast and are NFL quality. DBs are not. Guys get wide open.
2. He sees nothing but man to man coverage because of 1 above
3. Has not had to read zone coverages and throw into small windows
4. A down year for SEC defenses.
In his favor, looks to have the arm. He certainly will need to put on weight while maintaining his speed.

Where's all the vitriol in this thread that was directed at anyone that wanted Tyjae Spears? Weird.
The only vitriol leveled was at people who made statements about how the Saints would regret not taking him or otherwise derided management for not drafting him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom