Jayden Daniels needs to be drafted by the Saints (1 Viewer)

It didn't help that Payton told anyone who would listen how much he loved Mahomes.
I know people hate Payton for quitting on us, but I really hate him for chatty Patty it up with fricking Andy Reid a week before the draft on the golf course.

I know people hate Payton for quitting on us, but I really hate him for chatty Patty it up with fricking Andy Reid a week before the draft on the golf course.
Supposdely they still ranked Lattimore above Mahomes regardless so unless the team before us (before KC traded up) drafted Lattimore then thats who we were taking anyway. Now whether or not that's true, who knows.

I love Payton's style as a coach. He just had this perverse need to prove he was the smartest person in the room at all times. Bit the Saints in the but on occasion.

Would love for the Saints to draft him. I think he’s the best QB coming out this year, and it’s not close. And that’s not the LSU fan in me talking. The concerns about his skinny frame are silly. The guy already plays against NFL talent nearly every week and has shown he can take it when it’s brung. Unfortunately for us I think he goes in the first 3 picks and we have no shot at him. He has the perfect combination of fast and illusive running, quick release accuracy, and deep ball location. He’s gonna be a good one.

Whoever can first get him, better .. and hopefully that's us. He is Burrow-like without a Heisman and a ring that would him No. 1.

ETA: And, my husband reminds me, without a defense.

Last edited:
This team could be as good if not better than the 2019 team if not for this defense.

Not even close. I like Nabers and Thomas but I really don't think they are on the level of a Jefferson/Chase.....I think the early offensive line struggles also made this team not even close....the 2019 team was scoring big right out of the gate.....CEH was also a better more dynamic back than anyone on this current roster....

I agree but i think the risk of passing on him will present to be bigger than the risk of injury. He’s going to walk into the combine at 6’3 225 and run a 4.4. His tape is becoming like no other.

Not sure I get this logic but he is currently listed at about 210 (some folks say 215), he doesn't have the frame or bulk of a Cam or Hurts and to just assume he will magically be 225 by the combine to me is wishful thinking....

I'm not saying he can't or won't be a very good or even great NFL QB one day, I'm only saying that his passing skills will need to continue to improve to make that happen.....the elusiveness is a big plus but the running part of his game won't carry over to the NFL very well....IMO.....

Not even close. I like Nabers and Thomas but I really don't think they are on the level of a Jefferson/Chase.....I think the early offensive line struggles also made this team not even close....the 2019 team was scoring big right out of the gate.....CEH was also a better more dynamic back than anyone on this current roster....

Not sure I get this logic but he is currently listed at about 210 (some folks say 215), he doesn't have the frame or bulk of a Cam or Hurts and to just assume he will magically be 225 by the combine to me is wishful thinking....

I'm not saying he can't or won't be a very good or even great NFL QB one day, I'm only saying that his passing skills will need to continue to improve to make that happen.....the elusiveness is a big plus but the running part of his game won't carry over to the NFL very well....IMO.....
He’ll put on 10-15 pounds in the next 6 months. Those pre-combine programs are insane and more than likely he will be putting in the work starting the day after LSU/A&M. If I am Brian Kelly I tell him he isnt playing in the bowl game to take the pressure off of him.

Normally mobile QBs have a “one read then scramble” mentality. But this guys goes through his progressions like a pro. He doesn’t get happy feet. He can make every throw and outrun every player on the field.

Also I really like his attitude. Reminds me of Taysom the way he’s always smiling. And his humility is incredible. Always thanking his O Line and everyone else on the team.

I still think scouts will have him in the late first/early second round just because that seems to be where the slimmer mobile QBs go. If he had Anthony Richardson size, he’d go #1

At this rate, unless we are about to lose out, Jayden Daniels will be long gone by the time we pick.

Guy is looking like Michael Vick out there, with passing skills.

Daniels won’t be a QB in the NFL unless he grows a lot bigger like Lamar Jackson. But I wouldn’t mind seeing what he could do with his threat to extend drives with his legs. But it would be hard to watch pro defenders unload on him while he’s trying to carry our team by running on every other play.
Stop it he’s 6’4 and 210 pounds. He throws with accuracy has a strong arm and makes good decisions and has amazing speed and elusiveness was He will be a good QB at next level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom