23/24 EPL season (2 Viewers)

I'm not convinced he was offside at all, in any case he gains absolutely zero advantage from whatever marginal amount of his aura might be ahead of the line the united defender was on, especially when he's square to the touchline waiting for a pass. To put it another way, if it's not ruled off no one is looking at it after and saying "man the officials really missed that one", in fact I don't think anyone would of given it a second thought and the talk would be how have united allowed him to be free.

As far as Forest go it's about time someone just called out the PGMOL like that, not that I think anything will come from it. The implementation of VAR in the Premier League reminds me a lot of the year PI was reviewable in the NFL. You just knew the Saints would get hit on one at some point but for the most part they weren't overturning anything that wasn't egregiously wrong, and sometimes didn't even do that.

I'm not convinced he was offside at all, in any case he gains absolutely zero advantage from whatever marginal amount of his aura might be ahead of the line the united defender was on, especially when he's square to the touchline waiting for a pass. To put it another way, if it's not ruled off no one is looking at it after and saying "man the officials really missed that one", in fact I don't think anyone would of given it a second thought and the talk would be how have united allowed him to be free.

As far as Forest go it's about time someone just called out the PGMOL like that, not that I think anything will come from it. The implementation of VAR in the Premier League reminds me a lot of the year PI was reviewable in the NFL. You just knew the Saints would get hit on one at some point but for the most part they weren't overturning anything that wasn't egregiously wrong, and sometimes didn't even do that.
Evidently the NF tweet was the toned down version
I really wish they would have left the Luton part out (esp since an Everton win doesn’t help Luton) and just focus on bad calls/lack of accountability
Bringing it to conspiracy level allowed all the commentary to laugh it off
Commentators who don’t normally carry water for the League, did so by default bc they could treat NF’s tweet like sore loser lunacy

Evidently the NF tweet was the toned down version
I really wish they would have left the Luton part out (esp since an Everton win doesn’t help Luton) and just focus on bad calls/lack of accountability
Bringing it to conspiracy level allowed all the commentary to laugh it off
Commentators who don’t normally carry water for the League, did so by default bc they could treat NF’s tweet like sore loser lunacy

Forest feel like they dont have a choice, the rest of us know we're solid, I dont blame them.

as a 25 plus year Manchester United supporter, i can totally agree with this. The mere fact that up 3-0, we allowed Coventry 3 goals in the final 15 min of the match tells you all you need to know about this iteration of MUFC and its continued defensive woes. I dont recall a season quite like this, defensively and they simply dont deserve much in the way of "hardware" because all that will do is create a glimmer of hope that things are on the right track when they arent. I will say injuries have decimated that back line, but you would still think they would be able to see out 15 min without conceding THREE goals.

So as for the VAR decision, its unfortunate by product of trying to "get the call right". If toe is offside, its offside. You can break it down to the micro elements about advantage vs disadvantage, but i suspect an argument could be made either way on any call this tight therefore all you are left with is the "letter of the law". Sucks to be on receiving end, and honestly i wish that goal would have stood honestly, for the reason stated above. Give MUFC a swift boot to sort out that back line prior to next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom