X-Men '97 (new animated revival) Disney+ 2023 (1 Viewer)

Also, I don't care how brutally on the nose from a conceptual standpoint it was,

Sentinel Trask about to kill Cyclops and saying "Tell me orphan, how does it feel to be abandoned by the future?" only for Cable to make the big arse hero saves the day entrance goes hard.

I forgot to look who voiced him? Sounded familiar though.
Another really cool arse episode!

I am going to try and sit out the next couple WED drops to consume this 3 part finale at once...

Oh don't mind me, just a random Spider-Man. And Doom. And Zemo. And Silver Samurai. Omega Red lose again.
Wolverine actually did something besides pine over Jean too!

More
You know you're over the edge when even Dr Doom is like "bro let's pump the brakes"That whole Wolvie/NC fight sequence was so awesome. Triple wielding NC and that teleporting PoV
There was a lot packed in to that one

Magneto was right.

X-Men '97 is as close to perfect as it could possibly be. Probably the best adaptation of the characters to date by making it about the characters and - though I love him - not just the Wolverine show. They pack so much into every episode, while not forgetting the melodrama and family dynamic that makes the characters work.

X-Men '97 is as close to perfect as it could possibly be. Probably the best adaptation of the characters to date by making it about the characters and - though I love him - not just the Wolverine show. They pack so much into every episode, while not forgetting the melodrama and family dynamic that makes the characters work.

One of the best creative choices they made on this show (and they made many good ones) was letting Wolverine hang on the sidelines for the season. He has had his time to shine countless times over and it has been so, so nice to see other X characters get some focus.

X-Men is as its best when its a crazy melodramatic soap opera with super humans, with a few heaping scoops of social commentary and a lot sci fi weirdness thrown in. This show has absolutely nailed the formula.

More
You know you're over the edge when even Dr Doom is like "bro let's pump the brakes"That whole Wolvie/NC fight sequence was so awesome. Triple wielding NC and that teleporting PoV
There was a lot packed in to that one

Magneto was right.

Nightcrawler has ruled in this show. Maybe the best adaptation of him ever. As a long time fan, I'm loving him getting the spotlight a little bit here. That POV teleportation shot was epic.

I get the feeling we're setting up for Onslaught for next season. Magneto loses his sheet after all of this, Xavier crosses the line to stop him.

I love that Bastion's comic origin is so weird that the less weird version they came up with for the show was basically "Yeah, Nimrod nano sentinels from the future came back in time and infected a guy and he got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a human-nimrod hybrid."

Nightcrawler has ruled in this show. Maybe the best adaptation of him ever. As a long time fan, I'm loving him getting the spotlight a little bit here. That POV teleportation shot was epic.

I get the feeling we're setting up for Onslaught for next season. Magneto loses his sheet after all of this, Xavier crosses the line to stop him.

I love that Bastion's comic origin is so weird that the less weird version they came up with for the show was basically "Yeah, Nimrod nano sentinels from the future came back in time and infected a guy and he got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a human-nimrod hybrid."
when they were showing the different monitors with Doom and Zemo - do you know who the shadowy figure on the last one was?

But yea between today’s fight and that eulogy, they’re giving NC some love.
Agree with the lack of Wolverine as well. They gave him some juice today just to drop us a reminder though

Man this show
I usually just blah blah over the fight sequences
But these battles are both character studies AND they advance the plot
And yes Sun, that teleportation PoV was incredible

Magneto did that ****

Just watched all the episodes over the last three days.

Wow, this show rules! This is the best X-Men adaptation by far, over any of the films, even.
Wasn't expecting Bastion and Operation: Zero Tolerance. This series really goes for the jugular.
And Magneto going nuclear wipeout at the end. Wow. Awesomeness.

After all these decades, Nightcrawler has surpassed mere guest star and made the opening credits/official team member!
Nightcrawler was always my favourite character in the comics back in the day. SO glad to see him as a permanent continuing part of things here!

I have to say the woman who voices Storm isn't nearly as annoying as she was in the original series...or did I just get used to her? The voice actors as a whole are stronger than the original (including those who returned). The original was mixed, some were very good, others were passable, and a couple were terrible (Storm was the worst). All the voice actors are doing an excellent job in this series.

Last edited:
Just watched all the episodes over the last three days.

Wow, this show rules! This is the best X-Men adaptation by far, over any of the films, even.
Wasn't expecting Bastion and Operation: Zero Tolerance. This series really goes for the jugular.
And Magneto going nuclear wipeout at the end. Wow. Awesomeness.

Nightcrawler was always my favourite character back in the day. SO glad to see him as a permanent continuing part of things here!

I have to say the woman who voices Storm isn't nearly as annoying as she was in the original series...or did I just get used to her? The voice actors as a whole are stronger than the original (including those who returned). The original was mixed, some were very good, others were passable, and a couple were terrible (Storm was the worst). All the voice actors are doing an excellent job in this series.
It really is a great, great show
Whips through plot at breakneck speed but seems to go pretty deep at same time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom