X-Men '97 (new animated revival) Disney+ 2023 (3 Viewers)

THEY DID THE THING

Once Wolverine started getting in Magento's personal space, I thought it may be coming. Yeowch

Another absolute banger:

-The second I saw Rogue in her old school green costume, I knew she was joining up with Magneto.

Speaking of costumes, I LOVE that they broke out the 80's fits for this episode. Brown and yellow Wolverine will always be my favorite Wolverine.

I love the Xavier/Magneto interplay here. They've both forked up. Xavier peaced out for bird alien sex and everything went to sheet while he was gone and his cries about reconciliation ring particularly hollow after Genosham which he wasn't even around to see. On the other hand, Magneto has gone from well intentioned extremist to just so completely forking P'Oed off that he isn't thinking rationally and is about to kill untold numbers, human and mutant alike. You can't blame him for his rage, but at the same time he has kind of lost the plot because of it.

That said, I do think it was a tad unfair for everyone to keep dunking on Xavier for leaving the school to Magneto. His plan for Magneto and the X-Men actually WAS working until Bastion showed up, which he realistically had no way to account for.

As expected, we got a sort of Fatal Attractions adaptation. Wolverine gets his adamantium ripped from him. They did it well here. I really hope season two doesn't spend a lot of time on feral Wolverine like he was immediately after this in the comic, I'm fine if they don't speedrun his adamantium getting returned, but if they could skip over feral Wolverine and just go right to "bone claws, but heals even better than he did before" Wolverine, that would be ideal. Feral Wolverine sucked. That said, I feel like Apocalypse is coming back soon and that's how he got his adamantium back, so it wouldn't shock me to see it happen then.

Oh, and also...

After this episode, he's definetly on his way...

Onslaught_%28Marvel_Comics_character%29.png

Wow. Did I say this series goes for jugular? That was an understatement.

Seems like they've gone after all the harsh storylines from the mags, plus. Wondering if they're intending to kill off Magneto, Professor X, or Bastion.
Since they "picked up" where the original animated series stopped, I assume we will soon see Apocalypse owing to one the last episodes in the original where he found a physical host for himself. If this season is any indication, we'll finally see a well done version of him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• mbh
Back
Top Bottom