The Science of Fasting (2 Viewers)

I have not made my own kombucha but I have used their milk kefir grains. In the past, I have not been a fan of kombucha; but I may have to revisit this.

I have not made my own kombucha but I have used their milk kefir grains. In the past, I have not been a fan of kombucha; but I may have to revisit this.

Never been tempted.

Just found Cynthia Thurlow. I need to get back to fasting so I'm going to deep dive on what she has to say.

Two of the "big ones" together!

Dam...so y'all got fat and are now un-bigging your backs; getting your summer bodies ready. Great work!

I am currently working on body recomp. It is a slow process. I've been various levels of fit/thin most of my life - never been overweight but certainly have been at points where I could lose 5-10 lbs. I've done long distance running, HIIT/bootcamp style workouts, yoga, road biking, half-arsed attempts at a gym routine, etc. This is the first time in my life where muscle building is the priority & goal and it's a total mind fork because it's completely different than just weight loss.

The 'experts' are starting to come out against fasting. Been seeing it more and more on some of the channels that used to promote fasting all the time.

Somebody made a really good comment under this video "Whilst you are fasting someone is losing money'

They really hit the nail on the head with this one if you're not consuming, somebody is losing money. Fasting has been the single best thing for me, my health and my over all lower impact on the environment. Not just the health benefits and saving money, I produce far less waste than the average person because I fast.

Somebody made a really good comment under this video "Whilst you are fasting someone is losing money'
That's true. But I think it also smacks of, Don't think for yourself. I've done the thinking for you so you don't have to. Don't be a fool and look at ANY other "expert". And don't read any studies. Certainly do not look to see who funded the study or how the study was conducted. You're too dumb to understand any of that.

IOW, it's proselytizing.

The 'experts' are starting to come out against fasting. Been seeing it more and more on some of the channels that used to promote fasting all the time.

They really hit the nail on the head with this one if you're not consuming, somebody is losing money. Fasting has been the single best thing for me, my health and my over all lower impact on the environment. Not just the health benefits and saving money, I produce far less waste than the average person because I fast.

One week they are telling us to eat cereal for dinner to off set the burden of inflation on cost of groceries and now telling people fasting is bad. “They” can go to hell.

Also, total side rant but this is a good enough thread for its appropriateness.

I learned that yet another one of my friends started on Ozempic recently. She is petite. Tiny. She has VERY slight belly pudge (she’s never had kids) & is mid 40’s. I asked why she got on it & her response was “nothing works”.

She is middle-aged and we have all kinds of hormone fluctuations at this point, works a desk job, commutes 1 hour each way to work several times per week & is sporadic in the gym & goes at most 4x on a good week - and the biggest thing - drinks like a fish! Like a few glasses of wine most nights and many on weekends.

I guess it just bugs me because every woman I know on it, says nothing was working yet have not made any changes to lifestyle. Like why did you think doing what you’ve been doing was going to work? Your gym routine without changing anything else like you did in your 20’s will NOT work anymore. They all still eat out frequently, make modest efforts at the gym & still drink like college kids.

It’s crazy because we still don’t know long term safety for off-label use in people that weren’t overweight to begin with and don’t have a legitimate metabolic condition.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to eat like a garbage can & drink like a fish and still lose weight but at the end of the day, being skinny is not the same as being healthy.

Also, it made me realize how many ppl have moderate alcohol dependence. The fact that none of the women I know will give up their booze for their health is bizarre. I’d like to say men, too but I don’t know any men on ozempic.

Le sigh….

Also, total side rant but this is a good enough thread for its appropriateness.

I learned that yet another one of my friends started on Ozempic recently. She is petite. Tiny. She has VERY slight belly pudge (she’s never had kids) & is mid 40’s. I asked why she got on it & her response was “nothing works”.

She is middle-aged and we have all kinds of hormone fluctuations at this point, works a desk job, commutes 1 hour each way to work several times per week & is sporadic in the gym & goes at most 4x on a good week - and the biggest thing - drinks like a fish! Like a few glasses of wine most nights and many on weekends.

I guess it just bugs me because every woman I know on it, says nothing was working yet have not made any changes to lifestyle. Like why did you think doing what you’ve been doing was going to work? Your gym routine without changing anything else like you did in your 20’s will NOT work anymore. They all still eat out frequently, make modest efforts at the gym & still drink like college kids.

It’s crazy because we still don’t know long term safety for off-label use in people that weren’t overweight to begin with and don’t have a legitimate metabolic condition.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to eat like a garbage can & drink like a fish and still lose weight but at the end of the day, being skinny is not the same as being healthy.

Also, it made me realize how many ppl have moderate alcohol dependence. The fact that none of the women I know will give up their booze for their health is bizarre. I’d like to say men, too but I don’t know any men on ozempic.

Le sigh….

While we are eating it up... pun intended, other countries are already looking at banning the use of drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy and there are many investigations and lawsuits going on as well. Tell your friend to look up people having issues with gastroparesis and some even more dire symptoms as a result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom