The Science of Fasting (2 Viewers)

Sorry but I am leery of any study that relies on self-reported data and doesn't account for relevant variables....that is not how science works.

How do i know i have a gutter mind ? Becuase every time i log onto the SaintsReport EE board and this thread is on the front page, i see it and at first i always think it says “The Science of Fisting”……. Every . Time …. And im talking , for the last 5 or 6 yrs that it’s been active ….. either i am a perv, or i need new glasses… or both .

One of the dumbest effing things I've ever read.

I saw that headline to but didnt bother to click on it .. Why ? Because i dont know if it’s true or not that intermittent fasting leads to heart issues, what i do know is it’s the way i prefer to eat, and have preferred to eat for at least 15 years, before i had ever heard the term ‘intermittent fasting’.. so i guess if it goes out of style, im going down with the ship .

How do i know i have a gutter mind ? Becuase every time i log onto the SaintsReport EE board and this thread is on the front page, i see it and at first i always think it says “The Science of Fisting”……. Every . Time …. And im talking , for the last 5 or 6 yrs that it’s been active ….. either i am a perv, or i need new glasses… or both .
Lol or the variation I always see "the science of farting."

Sorry but I am leery of any study that relies on self-reported data and doesn't account for relevant variables....that is not how science works.
Wait? You mean the below isn't rigorous science?

Participants aged at least 20 years who completed two valid 24-hour dietary recalls and reported usual intake in both recalls were included from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey in 2003-2018.

I give the "researchers" a :elefant:

Subconscious desire? NTTAWWT

lol I saw that yesterday too. So sleeping 8 or more hours puts us at a 91% chance of CV death?

I bet the food industry would LOVE to recommend people wake up in the middle of the night to eat to avoid dying of a heart attack or stroke

This 'study' is extremely easy to rip apart. First off they say they used participants and tracked their eating habits for 9 to 17 years. The term time restricted eating wasn't evening in esoteric circles 8 years ago let along beyond that. The only thing people could talk about fasting was in reference to religious practices. Second the participants in the study were given a YEARLY food questionnaire about their eating habits for the entire year. And I am sure as others have pointed out, nothing else was taken into consideration.

This study comes from china and was looking at age groups from 20s-40s. Most likely higher overworked people who had 2 or more jobs and were unable to eat because of work and high stress due to that kind of lifestyle.

Watch for pharma, heavily processed food companies and the media to push this agenda because it's all about trying to get people to consume more and more.

lol I saw that yesterday too. So sleeping 8 or more hours puts us at a 91% chance of CV death?

I bet the food industry would LOVE to recommend people wake up in the middle of the night to eat to avoid dying of a heart attack or stroke

This 'study' is extremely easy to rip apart. First off they say they used participants and tracked their eating habits for 9 to 17 years. The term time restricted eating wasn't evening in esoteric circles 8 years ago let along beyond that. The only thing people could talk about fasting was in reference to religious practices. Second the participants in the study were given a YEARLY food questionnaire about their eating habits for the entire year. And I am sure as others have pointed out, nothing else was taken into consideration.

This study comes from china and was looking at age groups from 20s-40s. Most likely higher overworked people who had 2 or more jobs and were unable to eat because of work and high stress due to that kind of lifestyle.

Watch for pharma, heavily processed food companies and the media to push this agenda because it's all about trying to get people to consume more and more.
"They" didnt do anything. They used NHANES data.

It's more of a joke since one of their exclusions was people having poor recollection on a 24 hour dietary recall... Twice. I mean, 2 24 hour periods is certainly representative of 15 years of diet.

This seems like they went in with a conclusion and massaged their data (exclusions y'all!) until it fit.

Anyone have any idea who is behind "The National Key Research and Development Program of China (2022YFC2705203 and 2023YFC2506700); The National Natural Science Foundation of China (82373551)." They funded this.

Well, we need you to take the following test in order to determine:

IMG_4177.png

Not sure if I've ever posted anything from this guy before but I follow him on you tube and was glad to see him do a breakdown of this "study":

Wait? You mean the below isn't rigorous science?

I give the "researchers" a :elefant:
Yeah, I see "dietary recall" and I translate that to "what I wish I would have ate because everybody says it's healthy and I don't want to tell anybody what I REALLY ate".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom