The Science of Fasting (1 Viewer)

Update: I'm down to 224.6 this morning and I've been maintaining about 226 for the last month or so. I try to IF 16/8 everyday, but I've backed off on the strict Keto and have been eating some carbs. I had some labs done about 2 weeks ago and my A1C was down to 5.6 from 7.3 in October. I want to break through this plateau, but this was my weight for many years while on active duty so this plateau might be harder to break.

Update: I'm down to 224.6 this morning and I've been maintaining about 226 for the last month or so. I try to IF 16/8 everyday, but I've backed off on the strict Keto and have been eating some carbs. I had some labs done about 2 weeks ago and my A1C was down to 5.6 from 7.3 in October. I want to break through this plateau, but this was my weight for many years while on active duty so this plateau might be harder to break.
Yeah, the body likes homeostasis and will adapt. Some times an extended (72+ hr) fast helps bust thru the floor for me. Standard beware risks consult Dr disclaimer applies.

Congrats on the A1C. You can be proud of that because millions of others are waiting on meds to do it for them. Means you're healing from the SAD diet.

Yeah, the body likes homeostasis and will adapt. Some times an extended (72+ hr) fast helps bust thru the floor for me. Standard beware risks consult Dr disclaimer applies.

Congrats on the A1C. You can be proud of that because millions of others are waiting on meds to do it for them. Means you're healing from the SAD diet.

Mine is a combo of meds and diet. I plan to get off the meds once I get it even lower and get to a point where I can maintain this new lifestyle.

Anybody in here drink kombucha? I have been drinking it more often

Yes. It's good for your gut. One of my yoga teachers in Austin & his wife started a small kombucha company. It eventually grew so much that they both quit their 'day jobs' and he quit teaching yoga, so they could manage the company. They had the best Kombucha I ever had.

Yes. It's good for your gut. One of my yoga teachers in Austin & his wife started a small kombucha company. It eventually grew so much that they both quit their 'day jobs' and he quit teaching yoga, so they could manage the company. They had the best Kombucha I ever had.
Just had a Rouses ginger lemonade. Not terrible, but not feeling like a regular thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom