The Race for the 4th Seed (1 Viewer)

Oh and in case anyone hasn't noticed... The Lakers have dropped 2 straight and are 5-5 in the last 10... While The Rockets have won 5 straight and are 7-3 in the last 10... The Rockets have a realistic chance to knock the Lakers (or Warriors) out of the Play-Ins - How hilarious would that be....

Oh and in case anyone hasn't noticed... The Lakers have dropped 2 straight and are 5-5 in the last 10... While The Rockets have won 5 straight and are 7-3 in the last 10... The Rockets have a realistic chance to knock the Lakers (or Warriors) out of the Play-Ins - How hilarious would that be....
Would be interesting to see what we would do if the Lakers fall into the lottery. The 2024 draft isn't considered that deep, but if the Lakers pick would enable us to go after Donovan Clingan, I think we would need to give some serious consideration to taking their pick this year instead of next year. Next year is projected to be much deeper but we would need the Lakers to fall into the lottery again to have a chance at Khaman Maluach...problem is that it isn't a certainty he will declare for the 2025 draft (although likely since he is already projected as a lottery pick) plus if he continues to develop he might become a top 5 pick

Those are the two main center prospects I see that can rim protect and stretch the floor which I think would help us most although I am not an NBA draft guru by any stretch of the imagination

Also looks like the Mavs, Kings, and Clippers all play bottom feeders this entire week. :rolleyes: Pelicans need a perfect road trip for any chance to gain ground.
Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Pels go 3-1 on this roadtrip and 1-2 in the following games against OKC, Milwaukee, and Boston we would have 45 wins with 8 games remaining.

I think we could get 5 wins in those games (Suns twice, Magic, Spurs, Blazers, Kings, Warriors, and Lakers) and 50 wins would definitely keep us out the play in and would almost certainly at least lock up the 5 seed at worst

It would be quite possible that both the Warriors and Lakers would be resting players in those last two games if they know they are going to be in the play-in anyway as they wouldn't really have a break. There is only one day of rest after the last game of the regular season before the play-in so it is almost certain that the Lakers, at least, would want to have that extra day of rest for Lebron and AD

Again, not concerned with regular season non-contextual stats... I am going by what I see on the court when they play the best teams with MVP caliber players available....

Last edited:
Again, not concerned with regular season non-contextual stats... I am going by what I see on the court when they play the best teams with MVP caliber players available.... and they are 3-5 on the season against the current top 3 in the West... Not that it matters... but that equals a 7 games series loss anyway you do the math. LOL
Your opinion is based on flawed math. We are 4-5, not 3-5

Additionally, our two losses to the TWolves were early before we found our footing. We won our last 2 against them. If we beat OKC we will have a .500 record against the top 3 in the West

Your opinion is based on flawed math. We are 4-5, not 3-5

Additionally, our two losses to the TWolves were early before we found our footing. We won our last 2 against them. If we beat OKC we will have a .500 record against the top 3 in the West

Not flawed - Just read it wrong.... I retraced the statement... and it's why I don't like stats.... so 4-5 (under .500) ... and they still don't pass the eye test against top teams with MVP players for me... today. If we stop losing huge leads, getting skull drug by MVP level players, and making horrid lineup mistakes... I'll be all in with ya... as of today... not a contender. I want to think otherwise... I have to see it first... no amount of stats or regular season numbers are going to sway me until I see it.

I'm not sure how much home court advantage means for us in that matchup....our home and away records are virtually identical although it would be good for exposure.
Look at the home record of the top couple of seeds in the West. Now look at the home record of the Pels. The Pels lack of winning percentage at home is what is keeping them from being one of the top seeds.

Not flawed - Just read it wrong.... I retraced the statement... and it's why I don't like stats.... so 4-5 (under .500) ... and they still don't pass the eye test against top teams with MVP players for me... today. If we stop losing huge leads, getting skull drug by MVP level players, and making horrid lineup mistakes... I'll be all in with ya... as of today... not a contender. I want to think otherwise... I have to see it first... no amount of stats or regular season numbers are going to sway me until I see it.
OK but 4-5 is hardly getting skull drug especially when 3 of the 5 losses were early in the season when we were far worse by any objective measure. I didn't say I expected us to win those series...I said we were on even footing and the head to head (especially since we are 3-2 since our struggles early in the season) indicates that.

OK but 4-5 is hardly getting skull drug especially when 3 of the 5 losses were early in the season when we were far worse by any objective measure. I didn't say I expected us to win those series...I said we were on even footing and the head to head (especially since we are 3-2 since our struggles early in the season) indicates that.

I Didn't say "have been getting skull drug in the regular season".... I said "I think we get skull drug in a best of 7 by any team currently in the top 3"... As in past regular season games not being indicative of what will happen in future playoffs series.... where all these things I am pointing out will be greatly amplified and un-hide-able for 7 games instead of 1.... I will say we are on even footing when I see that we don't blow a 30+ point lead, can close out a good team with a MVP level player (which all top 3 teams in the West have)..., and stop making ridiculous lineup changes... LOL

This is what I was talking about... 1 Game back of the Clips currently....

Clips next 7 games - Portland x2, Embid-less 76ers x2, Magic, Pacers, Hornets.... (Best team they face is the 5 seed Magic)

Our next 7 games - Celtics, Bucks, OKC, Heat, Magic, Nets, Pistons... (4 teams in the top 5 of their CONF - Plus the Heat who always give us trouble)

If we want to do anything this year... these next 7 are going to prove me right, or prove me wrong.

Last edited:
This is what I was talking about... 1 Game back of the Clips currently....

Clips next 7 games - Portland x2, Embid-less 76ers x2, Magic, Pacers, Hornets....

Our next 7 games - Celtics, Bucks, OKC, Heat, Magic, Nets, Pistons...

If we want to do anything this year... these next 7 are going to prove me right, or prove me wrong.
It will prove that we have a much more difficult SoS and the Clips have to epically fudge up.

It will prove that we have a much more difficult SoS and the Clips have to epically fudge up.

Obviously... I have been saying we can't beat Contending teams in clutch moments and when it counts.... that's been this teams' glaring weakness... they can prove me right or wrong over the next 7 games... they have to go through 4 Contenders and a Heat team that always finds a way... to catch the Clips for that 4 seed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom