The Race for the 4th Seed (2 Viewers)

Now up 25 pts. .Barring a full collapse ( it is Atlanta šŸ˜) we will be .5 game out.

Cmon Hawks

Wow! Clips were -9.5 favorites. A nola pro team getting help? They got on big bubble jackets in hell. They are now 1 game out with the tie breaker. The chance to get 4th is right there.

Clips remaining schedule is much easier than the Pels though. That Cleveland loss really bites.

Also looks like the Mavs, Kings, and Clippers all play bottom feeders this entire week. :rolleyes: Pelicans need a perfect road trip for any chance to gain ground.

@Dago So yeah... the Clips are looking like an old team at the end of a long season.... a very talented old team at the end of a long season... passing them for the 4th seed is a pretty big deal, and it's certainly do-able now... my concerns about this team being able to finish - and have a killer instinct - and have a true closer - and overcome some of Willie's crazy at times lineups - still remain.... But with that said... If we can secure home court and a favorable 1st round matchup... could be very interesting.

@Dago So yeah... the Clips are looking like an old team at the end of a long season.... a very talented old team at the end of a long season... passing them for the 4th seed is a pretty big deal, and it's certainly do-able now... my concerns about this team being able to finish - and have a killer instinct - and have a true closer - and overcome some of Willie's crazy at times lineups - still remain.... But with that said... If we can secure home court and a favorable 1st round matchup... could be very interesting.
I'm not sure how much home court advantage means for us in that matchup....our home and away records are virtually identical although it would be good for exposure.

I just don't know how much you can realistically expect. We have won 15 of our last 20 games now. Every team has inexplicable losses at times....it's the nature of the game. All it takes is for a good team to be a little off and a bad team to get hot

Agree with what you said about the Clips tho. In our game against them we definitely showed more bounce and energy in the second half...damned good thing since the officials might as well have been in LA uniforms

I'm not sure how much home court advantage means for us in that matchup....our home and away records are virtually identical although it would be good for exposure.

I just don't know how much you can realistically expect. We have won 15 of our last 20 games now. Every team has inexplicable losses at times....it's the nature of the game. All it takes is for a good team to be a little off and a bad team to get hot

Agree with what you said about the Clips tho. In our game against them we definitely showed more bounce and energy in the second half...damned good thing since the officials might as well have been in LA uniforms

I am not talking about stats and trends once the playoffs start... we don't play no Portlands, Raptors, Hawks, Bulls, Wizards, or Emibid-less 76ers in the playoffs... I am not talking how those wins and losses happen in general... I am talking about what I see in this team when we play great teams bound for the 2nd round or better for the playoffs...

If you're content with this team making and getting outed in the 1st round - then this will be your season for sure... I think they have the roster to be much more (especially since Z has gotten in shape), and it's super frustrating that we are still unable to hold big leads, finish big games, and push crazy lineups in big moments... these things get you dumped in the 1st/2nd round by better teams.

Also major props to BI in embracing what our team is doing. A lot of premier players would be pouting about not having a diminished role as a scorer but he is just out there doing what the team needs him to do. His defense has been much better as well...maybe because he isn't expending as much energy trying to score.

My only concern is that there will likely come a time where we need BI to be a selfish scorer. Will he be able to flip that switch?

I am not talking about stats and trends once the playoffs start... we don't play no Portlands, Raptors, Hawks, Bulls, Wizards, or Emibid-less 76ers in the playoffs... I am not talking how those wins and losses happen in general... I am talking about what I see in this team when we play great teams bound for the 2nd round or better for the playoffs...

If you're content with this team making and getting outed in the 1st round - then this will be your season for sure... I think they have the roster to be much more, and it's super frustrating that we are still unable to hold big leads, finish big games, and push crazy lineups in big moments... these things get you dumped in the 2nd round by better teams.
I think we are pretty much on even footing with any team in the West in a best of 7 right now.

I think we are pretty much on even footing with any team in the West in a best of 7 right now.

I think we get skull drug in a best of 7 by any team currently in the top 3... OKC, Wolves, and Denver... Anyone else we have a shot.

My fear is we matched up against the lakers, for some reason we donā€™t do well against them. But I agree getting the forth seed and home court will be advantageous not just to the team ,but also to our fan base and the city

IMG_2355.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom