Severe Weather 2024 (1 Viewer)

that frontal boundary moved in from Hammond and ended up pushing the rainmaker now east of us. it has calmed down now where my office is in Mandeville - thank goodness.

But looking at the set up, its bowing over lake and making way toward City/NOE.

lots of heavy rain with this one.

Yeah weird way it bowed down South. We are getting more rain now, but not sure if all of it will get this far South. Slidell is going to take hit though.

Mandeville, Madisonville and Covington getting MERKED with rain - i wouldnt be surprised to see reports of 8-10 inches of rain by the end of this.

At least 2-3 inches has fallen in just the last 90 min with more to come.
We had power outage but before that happened I saw solid red radar map over where you are (and I would have been)

… just got another flash flood warning

No Schools up here in NWLA. Flash flooding has been pretty bad, several areas of town without power. A few pics from the Sheriff's page:

roads.jpg

kk.jpg
I'm told the driver was saved, and willing to cut a great deal if anyone is interested in buying this low mileage vehicle.
That’s…ill advised

That cell that produced a Tornado went right over the Stennis Space Center.
huh
I think it was Ida where I had to go to Alabama to get my parents- anyway that are is pretty much were I had to pull off I10 and wait storm/tornado out (it was less that 10 miles from me)
Scared the **** out of me

Stormchaser Brad Hall apparently tried chasing it and got turned around at the entrance to the space center.

At work in gentilly and the streets are completely flooded. I parked on the neutral ground this am so the truck is fine.
Streets are really full. It seems like the pumps haven’t started?

At work in gentilly and the streets are completely flooded. I parked on the neutral ground this am so the truck is fine.
Luckily my part of uptown doesn’t usually flood too bad
But you do remind me of a storm maybe 15/16 where I had to get from Milne area to uptown where it took me about 90 minutes to find passable routes

(Sitting in my porch watching the rain a the postal carrier is still delivering mail . Dang.🥂)

But you do remind me of a storm maybe 15/16 where I had to get from Milne area to uptown where it took me about 90 minutes to find passable routes

(Sitting in my porch watching the rain a the postal carrier is still delivering mail . Dang.🥂)
I’m done with work at 3.
I’m sure my route to the house in mid city is going to take 5 times as long to meander around the area.

apparently we got close to 8 inches of rain in just several hours. Aint no way the pumps can keep up with that.

I know in mandeville starting at 8am ish- it was just POURING down for 2 hrs and i thought 8-10 inches by end of day. Didnt think it was that bad on Southshore.

apparently we got close to 8 inches of rain in just several hours. Aint no way the pumps can keep up with that.

I know in mandeville starting at 8am ish- it was just POURING down for 2 hrs and i thought 8-10 inches by end of day. Didnt think it was that bad on Southshore.
Yep
It just seems like the water hasn’t moved at all. Usually it’s clearly moving as the pumps do their thing. It’s just stagnant.

I was on that storm from the west bank to Picayune. Produced a brief weak tornado in Slidell and Pearl River. Knew better to try and chase it through Stennis. Focused more on flooding after since it was a much bigger impact than tornadoes.

Yep
It just seems like the water hasn’t moved at all. Usually it’s clearly moving as the pumps do their thing. It’s just stagnant.

just saw graphic that middle of lake ( radar indicated ) got 10-12 inches- had that "bullseye" been just 20 miles north or south, lots of folks would have water in homes.

that was sheer luck. wow.

and that is all within 3-4 hours- not 8-10 hours.

I was on that storm from the west bank to Picayune. Produced a brief weak tornado in Slidell and Pearl River. Knew better to try and chase it through Stennis. Focused more on flooding after since it was a much bigger impact than tornadoes.

just watched ur vid on X .

crazy amount of water this am.

last 5 sec- thats coming up off MAgazine on to Camp St , yeah?

Is your part of Uptown not as below sea level opposed to other major metro areas of New Orleans or is it like Algiers and other parts of the Northshore, above sea level?

A question based out of curiosity because this severe storm front/tornadoes/hail came through the Deep South this morning relatively quickly and fast and usually it floods in New Orleans when severe storms tend to linger and last for a while for several hours.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom