Severe Weather 2024 (2 Viewers)

My sister text me and said Hattiesburg area schools are shutting down tomorrow and she was told to work from home.

Mandeville, Madisonville and Covington getting MERKED with rain - i wouldnt be surprised to see reports of 8-10 inches of rain by the end of this.

At least 2-3 inches has fallen in just the last 90 min with more to come.

Mandeville, Madisonville and Covington getting MERKED with rain - i wouldnt be surprised to see reports of 8-10 inches of rain by the end of this.

Drove from Mid-City to Downtown this morning and it was a monsoon. Barely got out of my neighborhood with standing water and got soaking wet going 20 feet from my door to my car. Standing water all over downtown with water gushing out of sewer covers. Seems to have clamed down now.

I'm on the back end of things now here in central Louisiana. I was far enough north that the outflow boundaries had pushed well south and kept the severity of the storms low, which I am most appreciative. Looks like the I-10 areas across the state caught it the worst. I'd say I got probably 3 inches of rain or so overnight. Hopefully, everyone further south is okay as this crap progresses. I'm watching Ryan Hall on Youtube. He's got @bclemms livestream on at times (currently in Slidell).

No Schools up here in NWLA. Flash flooding has been pretty bad, several areas of town without power. A few pics from the Sheriff's page:

roads.jpg

kk.jpg
I'm told the driver was saved, and willing to cut a great deal if anyone is interested in buying this low mileage vehicle.

I'm on the back end of things now here in central Louisiana. I was far enough north that the outflow boundaries had pushed well south and kept the severity of the storms low, which I am most appreciative. Looks like the I-10 areas across the state caught it the worst. I'd say I got probably 3 inches of rain or so overnight. Hopefully, everyone further south is okay as this crap progresses. I'm watching Ryan Hall on Youtube. He's got @bclemms livestream on at times (currently in Slidell).

In the NOLA area the big stuff is supposed to arrive between now and noon or so. At least that's what I saw last night. Supposed to have scattered stuff after that.

Edit: Just looked at the radar. The big line of storms looks to still be West of us but it looks like most of it is going to move up through the north shore. Not looking good up there.

Currently a tornado on the ground in the Slidell / Pearl River area.

In the NOLA area the big stuff is supposed to arrive between now and noon or so. At least that's what I saw last night. Supposed to have scattered stuff after that.

Edit: Just looked at the radar. The big line of storms looks to still be West of us but it looks like most of it is going to move up through the north shore. Not looking good up there.

that frontal boundary moved in from Hammond and ended up pushing the rainmaker now east of us. it has calmed down now where my office is in Mandeville - thank goodness.

But looking at the set up, its bowing over lake and making way toward City/NOE.

lots of heavy rain with this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom