NFL Sean Payton’s reputation among NFL fans (1 Viewer)

Yup, great point, and one I keep bringing up.....last year was a total unmitigated disaster when you actually consider the schedule and the division we played in.....train wreck.....the Saints under DA are great at winning games after things have already been decided....

It's not an "observation", and it's not a known "fact", it's your speculation about why he left. Passing it off as "accurate" is BS....you don't know nor do I.....

I think he left due to Gayle favoring Loomis over him in a power struggle but we likely will never know.....

This.

He started seeing signs that the **** show Saints were returning, and he wasn’t going to be able to camouflage it much longer.

There’s validity. While there was some stupid sheet that happened to the Saints in the playoffs we still should have more than one Super Bowl.

How many times watching a game have you yelled at the tv because SP was throwing the ball with a lead instead of running the ball?

He was always trying to be cute with the offense and outside of Saints fans there are a lot of fans that don’t like him.

I have been a Saints fan since the late 70’s and I will always be grateful for that super bowl and such a great ride, but I can still see the other side as well.

To that point as well, I firmly believe we needed to run the ball more

HOWEVER

you have an obvious hall of fame QB on your roster playing the best ball of his life, is it so hard to believe that Payton wanted the ball in Drews hands instead of one of the undrafted RB we had at the time?

Twitter (ok.. X)... that's where I go for fair and balanced takes by the general public....

lol I just wish we'd stop discussing him he gone, done in New Orleans , he not investing any of him millions in our City like DB is, He got a a SuperBowl on the backs of Drew Brees and Greg Williams and could give 2 F's about New Orleans ..... move on people
$20 bucks says this pisses off a few people
You’re right, it does. We went 40 years with crappy football and heartbreak. He’s the best coach the Saints ever had. Of course, we’re going to talk about him.

lol I just wish we'd stop discussing him he gone, done in New Orleans , he not investing any of him millions in our City like DB is, He got a a SuperBowl on the backs of Drew Brees and Greg Williams and could give 2 F's about New Orleans ..... move on people
$20 bucks says this pisses off a few people
A fifteen year career is an investment in the city.

I agree that it's a travesty that the Saints only won one Super Bowl with Drew Brees at QB.
When I look through the history of the NFL, it becomes apparent how hard it is to win just one.
You got QBs like Tarkenton, Fouts and Marino with zero.
And you got HOFers like Favre and Rodgers with one each.
And you got borderline HOFers that probably hurt their cases with their one loss like Matt Ryan.

When I look through the history of the NFL, it becomes apparent how hard it is to win just one.
You got QBs like Tarkenton, Fouts and Marino with zero.
And you got HOFers like Favre and Rodgers with one each.
And you got borderline HOFers that probably hurt their cases with their one loss like Matt Ryan.

It’s such a crapshoot. Between needing to have a great team, needing that great team to stay relatively healthy, and needing that great team that’s stayed relatively healthy to win a good 4 to 6 games (1 or 2 of which are playoff games) that come down to strokes of pure luck you have limited control over…winning a SB is EXTREMELY difficult.

Teams like the Patriots, and the Chiefs as of late, have given many a false impression of how easy or hard the task is.

Last edited:
It’s such a crapshoot. Between needing to have a great team, needing that great team to stay relatively healthy, and needed that great team that’s stayed relatively healthy to win a good 4 to 6 games (1 or 2 of which are playoff games) that come down to strokes of pure luck you have limited control over…winning a SB is EXTREMELY difficult.

Teams like the Patriots, and the Chiefs as of late, have given many a false impression of how easy or hard the task is.
I think Jordan and Brady created this warped expectation when it comes to championships.
Especially in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom