Jerry Glanville the prophet (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Many years ago he made 2 statements that have now come true. He said:

Not for long
No fun league

This is what the nfl is becoming. It’s slowly becoming a no tackling league. It’s getting more and more a watered down game. They might as well put dresses on them. This is not the game I grew up watching.

Not for long
No fun league

This is what the nfl is becoming. It’s slowly becoming a no tackling league. It’s getting more and more a watered down game. They might as well put dresses on them. This is not the game I grew up watching.
This is offensive to Rickey Smiley and Kevin Hart

1711421675462.gif

Not for long
No fun league

We don't give that guy credit for stuff around here.

But he isn't a Falcon anymore than Joe Horn is. In the past.

Not for long
No fun league

Then stop watching

I get it, because iam older now too. We grew up with violence. Violent movies, high crime rates etc...so we like to see it on television. Back when guys like Tatum, butkus , atwater and Lewis were around it was fun to me. Just get ready for it though because we are mandating safety and non violent strategies all throughout society. Safety safety safety. Some of that is good, because we have a little less crime, less fatal type crashes etc..The old image of football will suffer. But that may not matter because people that prefer the violence may not be the main viewing audience anymore. Selfies, taylor swift and no defense seems to be okay with many. Just look at the ratings.

I get it, because iam older now too. We grew up with violence. Violent movies, high crime rates etc...so we like to see it on television. Back when guys like Tatum, butkus , atwater and Lewis were around it was fun to me. Just get ready for it though because we are mandating safety and non violent strategies all throughout society. Safety safety safety. Some of that is good, because we have a little less crime, less fatal type crashes etc..The old image of football will suffer. But that may not matter because people that prefer the violence may not be the main viewing audience anymore. Selfies, taylor swift and no defense seems to be okay with many. Just look at the ratings.
Help me understand what selfies and Taylor Swift have to do with anything regarding player safety, please.

There is just as much tackling going on nowadays. There isn't as much mindless and destructive violence as there was in the past, and seeing what former NFL players suffer from as a result of their playing, I'm inclined to think this is a good thing.

How many more Junior Seaus do we need to see? Are kickoffs worth that? How many Darryl Stingleys are acceptable? Do we really want to see LITERALLY bone-crushing hits that bad? Yes the game is changing, for better and worse, but let's not pretend football isn't sanctioned violence that costs its participants in body & blood. If we truly enjoy the sport and not just the violence of it we should embrace the change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom