NFL Sean Payton’s reputation among NFL fans (1 Viewer)

chameleonknight

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some things I picked up on Facebook about what other fans think of Sean Payton, especially post Brees. It ain’t pretty

IMG_8456.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8457.jpeg
    IMG_8457.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_8458.jpeg
    IMG_8458.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 195
0-sean.gif

All I can say is he has made Russell Wilson, the most cardboard man in the NFL, kind of sympathetic to fans.

Non-Saints fans on social media generally have VERY negative takes on Sean:

Bountygate
Pill popping
Can't win without Brees

Like many people on SR, I loved Sean and wish he was still our coach.
Don’t forget the bong! (Couldn’t resist)

I think SP is a great coach, but outside of the last year when we had, what was it 5, different starting QBs on one season, he hasn’t been very flexible in his philosophy. At this point in his career, when it comes to the QB, I feel like he is more looking for someone to fit what he wants to do instead of doing what that guy is best at.

He very clearly needs a very specific type of heady QB that can see everything the same way he does in order to run his ideal offense. He and Brees molded each other, and now it’s hard for him to find that hand-in-glove fit now.

I feel like you can almost guarantee that he’s going to force a trade up to get one of the top 4-5 QBs if Williams, Daniels, and Maye go 1, 2, 3. Being that the Broncos have pick #12 and #76 this year and no 2nd rounders this year or next, that would most likely limit how high up they trade. I really wouldn’t be shocked to see them give up this years and next years 1st and 3rd rounders to move up to #5 from LAC if only 2 QBs go in the top 4 picks.

Last edited:
The truth will be known soon he possibly bet his future career and reputation on drafting and developing a qb

I don’t recall if he drafted Romo but that’s been his best work on development

Brees doesn’t count in either category

The truth will be known soon he possibly bet his future career and reputation on drafting and developing a qb

I don’t recall if he drafted Romo but that’s been his best work on development

Brees doesn’t count in either category
He didn't draft him per se, but he was high on him and probably helped them make the decision to draft him. He also tried to trade for him as a rookie Saints HC, and had to "settle" for Brees.

I agree that it's a travesty that the Saints only won one Super Bowl with Drew Brees at QB.
Agreed but I truly think we won 2. The league robbed us of one of them, imo.

2011 hurt too. That was the best team we've ever had imo.

Oh and I love Sean, wish he'd have stayed forever, he's a douche canoe tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom