Saints Draft Jaylan Ford: How do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Jaylen Ford : How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 42 24.1%
  • Like it

Votes: 67 38.5%
  • Meh

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
I like the pick for potential LB depth for our run defense. He’s a great run defender who can blow up gaps. He has very suspect pass coverage skills that needs to improve

I think he has shown some availability to do zone coverage, dont want him manning up against TEs

Ford is the only P5 LB with at least 100 combined tackles, double-digit tackles for loss, and multiple interceptions in each of the last two seasons.

I will feel much better if we got Christian Mahogany to close this thing out

Jaylen Ford LB/TEX 6'2" 240 LBS
Ford is good at getting to depth and reading quarterbacks in coverage. He tied four-time Pro Bowler Derrick Johnson's Texas season record for interceptions made by a linebacker with four in 2022. He can compete with tight ends and pick up backs in the flat. Ford chases with good effort, flashes above-average stopping power and forced four fumbles over the past two seasons. He shows good bend and burst rushing off the edge and closes well rushing between the tackles.
Yea with a lot of missed tackles in college. Now he is in the pros. Let's hope he learns to tackle because when he hits you, you feel it. Hit or miss with him. But it's a comp pick in 5th round. Special teamer and probably not DD replacement

Why do we include the “too soon to tell” voting option? You can say that about any NFL pick in history.

Say you like or don't like a pick. Stick your neck out a little bit!
Agreed. That's why I always pick tacoes when I know zero about a prospect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom