Playoff Gm 3 - #1 Oklahoma City Thunder @ #8 New Orleans Pelicans at 2:30 on TNT. When the Levee Breaks; This is our last call to ball. (2 Viewers)

It's time to move forward and decide a path.

You mean wanting the Pels to lose to get rid of Green? I'm down with that. Considering it didn't work for the Saints, I doubt it'll happen.
I mean... All we want is the Pelicans to win. They don't. They ugly lose and Willie looks lost. So, we don't mentally will these loses into existence like a bad juju Spirit Bomb.

It just happens and we know it will happen. Whatever position we take doesn't change the underlined issue with the disease.

Willie needs to be run out of town.

willie-green-willie-green-confused.gif

Willie did it. He got us playing his favorite era of basketball.

This team is is a horrible position. Zion is always hurt when it matters. BI is overpaid, and slows this offense down terribly. CJ is way to streaky to be paid as much as he is. The head coach is the worst in the league. Seriously.

We need to:

Fire Willie Green ASAP

HIre Kenny Atkinson or someone who's plan is more than "You gotta fight" or "We gottta play with force". Maybe let Borrego give it a shot for a year. I refuse to watch Willie Ball anymore.

Resign Trey

Dump CJ and BI to whoever will take them. Maybe Larry too.

Let the new coach figure out what he can do with JV (or if he is in the plans). It's unfair for us to treat him the way we have. Dude has been an awesome team player and an ironman.

Full disclosure, I didn't watch a second of this game today because I knew exactly what was gonna happen and didn't even waste my time.

I don't find that odd coming from Will. He's not the most astute basketball mind and seems like he just started getting into the game 5 years ago. OKC simply hasn't allowed BI to attack Dort off the dribble. You see, they don't play Pels style 1x1 defense. Somebody is always at the nail or waiting at the box for him. Dort has help. Herb or whoever is guarding SGA does not. Including when they get the CJ switch.

Well coached team vs badly coached team.

Boston was in a similar position a few years ago when they got swept by Brooklyn in the 1st round. Despite the rumors they didn't panic. That said, CJ, Larry, and JV can't all be on this team next year. I vote for none of them. Package them and some picks to upgrade all 3 spots.

I don't find that odd coming from Will. He's not the most astute basketball mind and seems like he just started getting into the game 5 years ago. OKC simply hasn't allowed BI to attack Dort off the dribble. You see, they don't play Pels style 1x1 defense. Somebody is always at the nail or waiting at the box for him. Dort has help. Herb or whoever is guarding SGA does not. Including when they get the CJ switch.

Well coached team vs badly coached team.
Plus, you can read out offense like book and it's just painfully predictable. Everyone knows that Ingram wants the elbow.

Plus, you can read out offense like book and it's just painfully predictable. Everyone knows that Ingram wants the elbow.
...and there's ZERO off-the-ball movement! No trying to get "shooters" open using off-the-ball screens, they just stand there behind the arc watching the ball.

It's the same for SGA. He either wants to drive or pullup for a 15 footer. He's averaged fewer 3s per game than BI this year. Yet they allow SGA to get to his spots (including all the way to the rim) on single coverage while BI has to see multiple bodies. Thats if he can even get the ball because Dort has been denying.

Why the Pelicans don't play that same type of defense on SGA is a mystery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom