Matt Ryan (1 Viewer)

That was one of the things that killed the Pels last season, and you seen it last night. Some of these guys keep missing open 3s. World of difference it makes when we have someone who can hit it. That helps the inside game. Hopefully Ryan can keep this up. He literally lit the torch for the team last night.

That was one of the things that killed the Pels last season, and you seen it last night. Some of these guys keep missing open 3s. World of difference it makes when we have someone who can hit it. That helps the inside game. Hopefully Ryan can keep this up. He literally lit the torch for the team last night.
Keep in mind that CJ had an injured shooting hand last year. Also, Zion staying healthy and attacking the paint will create far more open looks. Zion stays healthy I guarantee we shoot better than 38% from 3

He was impressive but I don’t see him staying once Trey is back

Keep in mind that CJ had an injured shooting hand last year. Also, Zion staying healthy and attacking the paint will create far more open looks. Zion stays healthy I guarantee we shoot better than 38% from 3
I get all that what I'm saying is we still had open shots, just like open night and we miss them. I'm not concerned with creating the shots I'm concerned bc we really don't have shooters to drain an open shot.

He was impressive but I don’t see him staying once Trey is back
No doubt. If anything he pushes Naji further down.

That 38% woul;d be top tier in the league. They shot 36% last year which was league average.

The problem was they only attempted around 30 per game. Which was 2nd to last in the league. The volume needs to come up.

Zion himself needs to start taking 2 - 3 per game since teams will leave him wide open and sag off. Instead of crashing into the paint anyway.

I get all that what I'm saying is we still had open shots, just like open night and we miss them. I'm not concerned with creating the shots I'm concerned bc we really don't have shooters to drain an open shot.
That 38% woul;d be top tier in the league. They shot 36% last year which was league average.

The problem was they only attempted around 30 per game. Which was 2nd to last in the league. The volume needs to come up.

Zion himself needs to start taking 2 - 3 per game since teams will leave him wide open and sag off. Instead of crashing into the paint anyway.
I agree that volume needs to go up and I think it will.
Here are career averages of some of our players:
Ryan: 37.9%
CJ: 39.6%
TM3: 40%
BI: 36.3% (but has been over 38% every season with the Pels other than one)
Jonas: 35.8% as a member of the Pels

Zion staying healthy will definitely lead to a lot more open looks so 38%+ isn't a pipe dream at all.

Hopefully, him and J-Hawk could spark the 3 up consistently

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom