Playoff Gm 3 - #1 Oklahoma City Thunder @ #8 New Orleans Pelicans at 2:30 on TNT. When the Levee Breaks; This is our last call to ball. (1 Viewer)

Sucks, because there would be so much to be excited about if we made the right changes. I unfortunately just don't see it happening.

I'm going to go against the grain and misery and believe good changes will come from this.

Even if Willie not fired. Personnel changes is the top priority. Then, coaching changes.

If you can realistically get Chris Quinn. You fire Willie immediately.

If not, I would wait out.

Sucks, because there would be so much to be excited about if we made the right changes. I unfortunately just don't see it happening.
I don't know. I typically hate talk like this, but they "want it" more than the Pelicans do. Lu Dortz has taken BI out of the series. Our best player. Herb is anonymous. CJ is uninspiring, if not bad. Trey is.. who knows? With the exception of JV throwing himself around in the first quarter, we got nothing.

Build around Trey, Herb, Hawk, and Zion and blow everything else up. Jose and Naji are fine, but what we got now aint it.

I don't know. I typically hate talk like this, but they "want it" more than the Pelicans do. Lu Dortz has taken BI out of the series. Our best player. Herb is anonymous. CJ is uninspiring, if not bad. Trey is.. who knows? With the exception of JV throwing himself around in the first quarter, we got nothing.

Build around Trey, Herb, Hawk, and Zion and blow everything else up. Jose and Naji are fine, but what we got now aint it.
We have to get a coach that's not afraid to play rookies and develop them. What Willie has done to Dyson and Hawkins is a travesty.

Lu Dort has not taken BI out of this series by himself. The OKC defense has taken him out. If he beats Dort another defender is right there waiting. If they screen Dort they blitz to get the ball out of BI's hands. The Pels have been very poor countering any of that.

Mark Daigneault has run circles around Willie and his staff pretty much all year.

Lu Dort has not taken BI out of this series by himself. The OKC defense has taken him out. If he beats Dort another defender is right there waiting. If they screen Dort they blitz to get the ball out of BI's hands. The Pels have been very poor countering any of that.

Mark Daigneault has run circles around Willie and his staff pretty much all year.
So Mark got 5 years of head coach experience in the G League before moving up to the NBA. Willie has only been an assistant. The difference shows. I took a look at his wiki and this blurb on his coaching style sounds like the total opposite of Willie:

Coaching style​

Daigneault has been described as "open-minded, innovative, and unconventional" during his stint with the Thunder. During the Thunder's rebuild, Daigneault led the Thunder to multiple seasons ranking top-10 in defense. In the 2022-23 season, the Thunder were one of the best third quarter teams coming out of halftime due to Daigneault's in-game adjustments.[16]

After the 2022-23 season, many Thunder players credited Daigneault's coaching and their relationship with him during the Thunder's annual exit interviews. Second-year guard Josh Giddey said Daigneault was the ideal coach, quoting "If I could build a coach, it's Mark [Daigneault]" while also calling him a smart coach.[17] Dario Šarić, who was acquired at the trade deadline, said "[Daigneault] is the right coach for these young players" and that "some coaches get where they stick to it, [Daigneault] is open minded."[18]

Daigneault is also known for using a high number of small minute lineups with a relatively low degree of concentration on the biggest minute lineups.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom