Goodell ruined draft (1 Viewer)

You could say all these same comments about the Super Bowl halftime. I’d rather watch a rerun of old Super Bowls than that mess.

Is it just me or is Roger slurring his words? Must be on pain meds for his recent back surgery.
I had spinal fusion back surgery and it was the most miserable experience I ever went through. That said... I hope his was 10 time worse.

Why does it have to be an extravaganza?? WTH was the lady and what was she singing?
It's Lift Every Voice and Sing, when I was younger when you would celebrate Martin Luther King's day or celebrate black history we would sing this song. It's the consider the "black national anthem" but it was more of our opening song, similar to how the national anthem. I agree is seems pandering as it feels more force and Alot of the younger generation, myself included, has kind of moved away because america now does feel more inclusive or trying too. With that said I have grandparents and aunts and uncles that take the song serious because they lived in that time period, before desegregation and the after math after, where they lived in fear based on something they cant control. It's our history but it was a time it was their present. Football my not be the best place for it now but I dont think the song should be dismissed or criticized because people dont know the history or it doesn't pertain to them.

Goodell ruined other aspects of the NFL too. Pretty much all of them.

Yup, the billionaire owners have had their "shill" in place a long time now, this draft BS is performative BS, overdone to the point of it being unwatchable.....I hate to say it, but wait to the gambling scandals start popping up, way more frequently.....

only here would a draft thread turn into politics/race relations .... geez
well i mean the OP alluded to not liking a song that's considered the black national anthem (OP did not know this though) so what did you expect?

He didn't mention anything about Eminem taking up the first 5 minutes...

I used to love watching the draft. It's just too long now and overproduced, particularly the first round.
Big events in general are now more about spreading messages because the masses are watching....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom