Goodell ruined draft (1 Viewer)

How is that song politics/propaganda?
can anyone show me where the NFL calls it the black national anthem? I'm pretty sure they don't. it's only political because the ones who cry about "woke" have to be offended..

I watched last night and tonight until the Saints made a pick, and as the Saints pick I approached, I turned down the sound on ESPN and turned on WWL to listen to Detillier.

The idea that people would actually stand in front of the stage for hours and listen to the picks being announced is absolutely crazy, but if Roger is to believed, over 200,000 did it last night and tonight in Detroit. I miss Boomer at Madison Square Garden in News York--that I would have gone to. But I don't need Roger and the guests taking five minutes to read the pick. I wonder what Joel Buchsbaum would think about the draft today were he still with us.

But after the Saints pick, I would rather watch the movie Draft Day. Anything with Jennifer Garner, even Capital One commercials, are worth watching.

can anyone show me where the NFL calls it the black national anthem? I'm pretty sure they don't. it's only political because the ones who cry about "woke" have to be offended..
I seriously thought woke was all about police brutality against black folks.

He didn’t ruin it.. I hate him as much as the next guy but, he has made excellent business moves & what he did with the draft is one of them. NFL draft is sold out & getting crazy views so looks like the fans don’t agree with it being ruined

Goodell ruined other aspects of the NFL too. Pretty much all of them.
Goodell ruined the Saints with bountygate.....it was our prime years. I liken it to when Mike Tyson was in prison when he was at the pinnacle of boxing.

Goodell ruined the Saints with bountygate.....it was our prime years. I liken it to when Mike Tyson was in prison when he was at the pinnacle of boxing.
The League was facing a billion dollar lawsuit and the Saints had an angry ex employee.
If this happened three or four years earlier, nothing would have happened.

As for the prime years, time has shown that this wasn’t the professional version of the SMU Death Penalty.

Why does it have to be an extravaganza??
Money, that’s why.

Before Roger like 6000 people attended the draft, over 600,000 attended in Nashville and Detroit is set to beat that record.

It’s like 3 days of Mardi Gras for the host city, millions of dollars.

Its focus is now on the fan attendance, not TV watchers.

He didn’t ruin it.. I hate him as much as the next guy but, he has made excellent business moves & what he did with the draft is one of them. NFL draft is sold out & getting crazy views so looks like the fans don’t agree with it being ruined
I believe the popularity of the draft as well as the entire offseason points back to what the NFL has done over the past 20 plus years to bring competitive balance to the league. You look at the landscape of the league and every fanbase believes their team has a shot to win it all. You can go from worst to first very easily in the NFL. There is no more 3 to 4 year rebuilds anymore. I think that's why you've seen the popularity of the draft skyrocket and become this huge extravaganza.

I believe the popularity of the draft as well as the entire offseason points back to what the NFL has done over the past 20 plus years to bring competitive balance to the league. You look at the landscape of the league and every fanbase believes their team has a shot to win it all. You can go from worst to first very easily in the NFL. There is no more 3 to 4 year rebuilds anymore. I think that's why you've seen the popularity of the draft skyrocket and become this huge extravaganza.
Small markets have always been part of the League dating back to the Lombardi Packers.
Sure, you have NY, Dallas, and Philadelphia mixed in, but there isn’t a panic when the League’s top star is in a flyover state.

Not to bring this to the NBA, but I think the reason you don’t see a jump there is because the NBA has always been focused around a select number of teams.
Add to that, small markets are always threatened with their star players leaving or forcing their way out.
There is player movement in the NFL, but not like it is in the NBA.
Heck, the Pelicans are about to have their third superstar bolt for a large market team.

In the NFL, you can have a franchise like the Saints or Chiefs and keep a Brees, Kamera, Mahomes, or Kelce and become a worldwide figure from New Orleans or Kansas City.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom