Goodell ruined draft (1 Viewer)

this is a good read.. especially the fact that people still run around in Confederate attire and wave Confederate flags around. the same ones who dislike this song are the same ones who are ok with people representing a treasonous defunct govt..
States seceding from a union that those states created less than a century earlier is not “treason.” If a huge portion of the country wants to secede, today or then, I don’t think it is appropriate for the other states to invade their land and kill a whole generation of men.

That said, the result was good in that it got rid of the abomination of slavery, and the South and the North are better off than if the country had been allowed to divide in two.

He didn’t ruin it.. I hate him as much as the next guy but, he has made excellent business moves & what he did with the draft is one of them. NFL draft is sold out & getting crazy views so looks like the fans don’t agree with it being ruined
I wouldn’t give him full credit because I think something like this was bound to happen eventually.
After all, our of all the sports, the NFL Draft is the only one that has full coverage throughout.

How is that song politics/propaganda?
Because it is playing an admitted racial national anthem for one race. You can’t see how people would find that divisive, offensive, and certainly inappropriate for the NFL draft. If it was the Asian American national anthem, Latino national anthem, or white national anthem, would you still be asking that question and feel the same way.

Because it is playing an admitted racial national anthem for one race. You can’t see how people would find that divisive, offensive, and certainly inappropriate for the NFL draft. If it was the Asian American national anthem, Latino national anthem, or white national anthem, would you still be asking that question and feel the same way.

Lift Every Voice is called the black national anthem because it echoes a sentiment that civil right leaders envisioned for the USA when their own government was treating them like they weren't citizens. The black civil rights leaders always talked about civil rights for people of all colors. The song talks about ALL voices rejoicing together under God in a land where we all feel like we belong.

It's called the black national anthem because it embodies the inclusiveness Civil Rights leaders fought for and not because it's just for black people. When the national anthem was written, it only had white men in mind. "For the Land of the free" didn't apply to black people or women in America in 1814. Lift Every Voice applies to us all. It was adopted by black people because it was inclusive, NOT because "it's just a song for them."

However, if there are Asian and Hispanic National anthems, I bet they sound amazing. I wouldn’t mind hearing them too.

Yeah, this was SOOO much better!!!

No, Berman ruining the announcement of every pick by going, "the pick in in. This looks like a pretty good spot for Jeff Boudreaux to come off the board...let's go up to the podium...we'll whatdya know!" 3 hours of that was pretty damn annoying.

The National Anthem we have today is edited due to it being racist. The Star Spangled Banner is most definitely by white men for white men.

No, Berman ruining the announcement of every pick by going, "the pick in in. This looks like a pretty good spot for Jeff Boudreaux to come off the board...let's go up to the podium...we'll whatdya know!" 3 hours of that was pretty damn annoying.
It’s was sarcasm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom