Carr expected to start, per Adam Schefter (2 Viewers)

For the record, it was 3 INTs, and if memory serves me correctly, Winston wasn't fully recovered from injury.
Yeah, Winston played with a broken back vs. TB last year. Invoking that game is an argument AGAINST Carr playing.

And I'm not totally judging the Saints about it yet - I'm not privy to practices or medical evaluations or whatever. Maybe Carr is healthy enough to play well. But Winston last year and Brooks in 02 are real and valid examples of how a quarterback playing through injury isn't always a good thing. But I hope if Carr plays he does well and stays healthy.

As long as it is not a type of injury where of not fully healed, a hit to shoulder makes him miss a much longer time frame, it makes sense. He needs to keep building on chemistry and timing in game.

However, if this is the type of injury where if not fully healed, it can get injured much worse, very foolish decision when you have a backup like Jameis who can play a few games.

I honestly don’t know the answer either on injury not being an a doctor and all!

I do know one thing, the Bucs are dirty as heck and will be targeting it.

As long as it is not a type of injury where of not fully healed, a hit to shoulder makes him miss a much longer time frame, it makes sense. He needs to keep building on chemistry and timing in game.

However, if this is the type of injury where if not fully healed, it can get injured much worse, very foolish decision when you have a backup like Jameis who can play a few games.

I honestly don’t know the answer either on injury not being an a doctor and all!

I do know one thing, the Bucs are dirty as heck and will be targeting it.
Right, I think we'll know the answer one way or the other this afternoon. People who are pretending certainty are doing just that...pretending.

I think we see a run heavy game with some play action to keep the D honest. Ride the fresh legs of Kamara this week with some Taysom mixed in.

If I'm Carr, I'm grimacing and rubbing my shoulder after every throw to bait the Buc's corners into thinking I can't go deep. Then Shaheed for six.

Maybe see if you can get a sympathy flag from the refs on roughing the passer after you get hit, too (part of me wonders if the refs would've thrown a flag in the 2018 NFCCG if Lewis had started clutching his head and rolling around after getting clobbered.)
If I'm Carr, I'm grimacing and rubbing my shoulder after every throw to bait the Buc's corners into thinking I can't go deep. Then Shaheed for six.

Whatever they do will be second guessed by a contingent of fans! While I am in the camp to rest him for a week more, I do defer to the Team and medical staff to make the right decision based on Carr’s injury prognosis and potential for a reinjury. I do hope if he does start that he will be the impetus for greatly improved play by the OL AND a big win today.

Unless he gets sacked and thrown down exactly how he injured it there’s very little chance of making it worse.

Let's not restart the QB wars before the game's even begun. Please
It really is the most exhausting thing I've ever dealt with as a football fan. I wish Jameis well and will always root for whoever is playing QB for us but yikes man...I'm so tired of the QB wars

(To prove I'll root for whoever, I posted on this board when it was IronEra and I was 14. I argued that Heath Schuler was a great quarterback and the refs had it out for us. One of those things still seem true.)

Maybe see if you can get a sympathy flag from the refs on roughing the passer after you get hit, too (part of me wonders if the refs would've thrown a flag in the 2018 NFCCG if Lewis had started clutching his head and rolling around after getting clobbered.)
I like it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom