Bad Batch (2 Viewers)

However, I wasn't expecting the drop. :tears: Of course, not seeing Tech's corpse, there is still some chance he will show up alive, but it looks like he's really gone. And then, of course, came the cliffhanger I was expecting: Omega in the clutch of the Empire.
Great finale, though! Very well written and some nice camera perspective work.
I have questions:
1. Why would the Batch go back to Cid to get medical help? A little too convenient set up to be taken by the Empire. Knowing they couldn't trust Cid, it would have been more logical to return to Pabu to look for medical help there. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky on that, but going to Cid for help seemed forced me.
2. If Emerie Karr is a female clone, why was the Empire so interested in Omega? At this point, Hemlock says he's using the threat of harming her to make Nala Se cooperate, but the Empire was after Omega before Hemlock was trying to get Nala Se to help him. Is Hemlock just not telling Se everything? Seems like the earlier interest has been forgotten, somehow, or things aren't as they are being presented.
3. Does Hemlock know Emerie Karr is a clone? With the way he's treated the male clones as so much scientific material, it seems odd he would not be treating her the same if he knows what she is.
4. If he doesn't know, is Karr running some kind of long game of her own to rescue the clones somehow?
5. It's a little aggravating how long I'm going to have to wait to find out all the answers! Disney hasn't made an official statement about making a third season yet. I'm certain they will considering the show has had very high viewing numbers, but the delay in the announcement means that much longer until they get serious about working on it.

However, I wasn't expecting the drop. :tears: Of course, not seeing Tech's corpse, there is still some chance he will show up alive, but it looks like he's really gone. And then, of course, came the cliffhanger I was expecting: Omega in the clutch of the Empire.
Great finale, though! Very well written and some nice camera perspective work.
I have questions:
1. Why would the Batch go back to Cid to get medical help? A little too convenient set up to be taken by the Empire. Knowing they couldn't trust Cid, it would have been more logical to return to Pabu to look for medical help there. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky on that, but going to Cid for help seemed forced me.
2. If Emerie Karr is a female clone, why was the Empire so interested in Omega? At this point, Hemlock says he's using the threat of harming her to make Nala Se cooperate, but the Empire was after Omega before Hemlock was trying to get Nala Se to help him. Is Hemlock just not telling Se everything? Seems like the earlier interest has been forgotten, somehow, or things aren't as they are being presented.
3. Does Hemlock know Emerie Karr is a clone? With the way he's treated the male clones as so much scientific material, it seems odd he would not be treating her the same if he knows what she is.
4. If he doesn't know, is Karr running some kind of long game of her own to rescue the clones somehow?
5. It's a little aggravating how long I'm going to have to wait to find out all the answers! Disney hasn't made an official statement about making a third season yet. I'm certain they will considering the show has had very high viewing numbers, but the delay in the announcement means that much longer until they get serious about working on it.
1. My first reaction also.
2. I think Omega is force sensitive, based on her bow use.
3. I'm sure he does, but she isn't force sensitive, which is what they're looking for.
4. Time will tell.
5. Sucks, it does.

Hit with all kinds of feels from that one, sheesh...
I can't believe they killed off Tech, man. But he is for sure a goner, the goggles really seems to confirm that imo. I guess they kind of set it up with Fe getting one last obvious advance on him. Not as telegraphed as the Sid set-up though...I am also unsure why they went to her, was it just much closer??
Also feel like they are making it clear that the doc assistant Karr is working behind the scenes to be the hero.

Hit with all kinds of feels from that one, sheesh...
I can't believe they killed off Tech, man. But he is for sure a goner, the goggles really seems to confirm that imo. I guess they kind of set it up with Fe getting one last obvious advance on him. Not as telegraphed as the Sid set-up though...I am also unsure why they went to her, was it just much closer??
Also feel like they are making it clear that the doc assistant Karr is working behind the scenes to be the hero.
I have to say that I saw the Tech death coming. As soon as I saw the scene with Fe I knew he was either going to be KIA or captured. I'm hoping that he somehow makes it, but I just dont see how. Maybe, just maybe he's still alive and somehow helps them find the base.

@StarWars: #TheBadBatch will return for a third :yes: 😁

and final season :no: 😭

Tech may be only the first to go. When the series began, I thought, "but what becomes of them? Knowing the Star Wars timeline and who appears to be around later, we're pretty much guaranteed they're all going to get killed at some point, aren't we?" Obviously, I hope I'm wrong in thinking that. I did wonder if one of three clones Ahsoka sent them to in Rebels might be Wrecker, but it didn't seem likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom