NFL Draft What WR do you like in this year’s draft? (3 Viewers)

I very seriously doubt we pick a WR in the 1st. I would look to see who is there in the 3rd. That would be as early as we would pick a WR in my opinion. And the 3rd is me predicting we will trade up into the 3rd with the comp picks.

Yes. Our Scouting department needs to find us the next Puka Nacua (Rams Rd 5/Pic #177). Wouldn’t that be awesome!
There will be alot of good WR in the 5th round this year. Won't be surprised to see a couple Puka's in this bunch.

Troy Franklin, University of Oregon..

..seems like every time I seen him last season he was always making the big play.. his YAC was pretty silly, catching nothing but ropes from Nix.. personally I believe he'd be a great addition to the Saints WR corp.. trust me, he's pretty sweet!.. watch some highlights, you'll understand my meaning.. here..

6'3 with speed and A.T. Perry like awareness.. yeah you could say i'm a fan.. it'd be amazing if he makes it to the 2nd, but if he did there'd have to be a way to get him.. Just imagine, Olave, Perry, Shaheed & Franklin.. smh.. it wouldn't be fair.. LoL!

NW.

While watching Franklin, I was really impressed with Bo Nix. Most of his passes hit Franklin in stride. He almost never had to slow down to make the catch, even though Bo was dancing around in the pocket or scrambling on some of the throws. I think someone trades up to take Bo Nix. He's unlikely to get past the Broncos, in my opinion.

Not a WR but from my home state I want the Saints to draft University of New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube. In addition to great rushing stats in college, he was a pass catching threat out of the back field and was excellent in the return teams. Acting as a punt and kick returner. His career stats.

Not a WR but from my home state I want the Saints to draft University of New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube. In addition to great rushing stats in college, he was a pass catching threat out of the back field and was excellent in the return teams. Acting as a punt and kick returner. His career stats.
Laube is real gym rat. More quick than fast, and a student of the game. He’s the kind of kid you’d want your daughter to bring home and meet the family.

Ladd McConkey, WR, UGA.

He’s a stud! Best route runner in the draft, and he can actually run with the ball after he makes a catch (unlike Olave).
Would we take McConkey in the 2nd round if available?
I'm not sure where he ranks in the draft class WR debate but the kid can flat out get open.
He and Bowers made good QBs look great, I wouldn't mind both in the Black & Gold

In the late rounds, keep an eye out for Cornelius Johnson out of Michigan. 6'3", runs a 4.44/40, and is a nasty blocker. He needs to be coached up when it comes to route running, it seems, but he is worth a flier in the late rounds.

Overview​

Johnson was a three-year starter, with all three seasons including action in the College Football Playoff. He's a big, tough target who displayed improvement making the difficult catch in 2023. He has decent speed but is encumbered by ragged route running that fails to hit the mark with footwork or timing. Johnson's play strength and competitiveness can become a problem for smaller cornerbacks when the action heads down the field. He's a chippy run blocker with the potential to become a weapon as a perimeter blocker. Johnson's size and traits will be lauded, but he might need a simpler route tree to be at his best as a pro backup.

Strengths​

• Very good size with plus athletic traits.
  • Explosive leaper able to climb the ladder and grab tall throws.
  • Brought in almost every contested catch in 2023.
  • Catches into traffic and is a tough runner after the catch.
  • LOVES to mix it up with defensive backs as chippy run blocker.
  • Creates opportunities for explosive runs in his direction.

Weaknesses​

• Routes are disheveled and lacking technique.
  • Struggles to find the footwork for beating coverage leverage.
  • Very rounded and gradual getting out of his turns.
  • Needs to locate the football sooner out of his breaks.
  • Average hands with a few too many focus drops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom