NFL Draft What WR do you like in this year’s draft? (3 Viewers)

This is a great discussion and now that what we have known/assumed will happen is happening, it's a good time to have it. There are a few knowns and unknowns.

1. Olave is probably our best WR, yet he hasn't proved that he is okay with contact whether it be with the defender or the ground. He's probably best utilized where he can stay clear of a defender. He's more than likely our slot/Y and hopefully he continues to develop. There is no question about his route running or his hands without contact.

2. Shaheed is a playmaker and probably should be position-less like Tyreek Hill. He's smallish like Olave, but doesn't shy away from contact and has proven to get nicked up. He may be viewed as a playmaker and use him that way. He can also be a slot/Y or small Z.

3. What role do they see ATP in? He's built more like a Big Z than a true X WR. When he first started getting playing time, he seemed soft like Olave when it came to contact with defenders/traffic, however as the season went on he developed more physicality. He might be the future X, but I still see him as a Big Z.

If we are looking for a X WR to replace MT, that would be Odunze in the early 1st, Keon Coleman later in the 1st or Legette in the late 1st/early 2nd. Cornelius Johnson test well and have Michigan WR experience and under Harbaugh, they produced some X WRs like DPG and Nico Collins. Johnson can be had later in the draft, probably with one of our 5ths.

I would as Juwan Johnson to trim back down to his WR weight and let him play the X. He was a bigger WR and better WR prospect than Jennings and everyone wants Jennings, but JJ can be that guy if he switched back to WR. He's also improved his blocking so that would be a nice addition out there and already on the roster.

If we want a WR to play a Deebo role, that would be Legette or Malachi Corley.

My favorite WR in the draft is Nabers and then Odunze and BTJr.

As mentioned above McConkey is nice as well and would be an addition no matter what.

Tez Walker is someone who could turn into a good NFL WR.

I look at our WR room as 3 guys right now with a potential 4th on the roster.

He won't, but if Nabers falls to 14 you draft him.

X: Juwan Johnson (Transition back to WR)/ATP
Y: Chris Olave/Shaheed (Playmaker)
Z: ATP/Shaheed (Playmaker)

That's only 4 guys. We normally carry ~6.

I would draft a Deebo type WR and another playmaker skillset. Can't have too many playmakers.

I’ve mentioned him a time or two but I really like Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint of UGA. He’s got pretty decent size speed combo at 6-1/200 4.49 but his main selling point is he’s a phenomenal blocker and loves to do it. He blocked a ton for georgias recent title runs for Bowers and the running game/WR screen.

He was underutilized a bit as a WR and still has upside there imo just needs a bit of work. He can be had easily with one of the picks we have in the late 5th or 6th so he won’t cost an arm or leg to add a badly needed blocking WR for KK. I think kubiak would love him for his scheme and fits the saints like of senior guys.

I'd enjoy Worthy, if only for the disgusting amount of speed the offense would suddenly have. The Dolphins have already shown you don't need a big body MT-esque WR to be successful as long as you have the right offense.

But OL/DL are certainly more pressing needs at the moment.

I’ve mentioned him a time or two but I really like Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint of UGA. He’s got pretty decent size speed combo at 6-1/200 4.49 but his main selling point is he’s a phenomenal blocker and loves to do it. He blocked a ton for georgias recent title runs for Bowers and the running game/WR screen.

He was underutilized a bit as a WR and still has upside there imo just needs a bit of work. He can be had easily with one of the picks we have in the late 5th or 6th so he won’t cost an arm or leg to add a badly needed blocking WR for KK. I think kubiak would love him for his scheme and fits the saints like of senior guys.
Really hope our coaches and scouts are not drafting WRs based on there blocking skills....

I just don't think the draft will set up for us to select a WR with our 1st, and that's probably a good thing. It's another insanely deep class. IF one we love falls in our lap for the 2nd RD, then so be it. Otherwise the scouting dept needs to flex their muscles and find us a gem in the mid rounds, some will surely be there.

Yes. Our Scouting department needs to find us the next Puka Nacua (Rams Rd 5/Pic #177). Wouldn’t that be awesome!

Troy Franklin, University of Oregon..

..seems like every time I seen him last season he was always making the big play.. his YAC was pretty silly, catching nothing but ropes from Nix.. personally I believe he'd be a great addition to the Saints WR corp.. trust me, he's pretty sweet!.. watch some highlights, you'll understand my meaning.. here..

6'3 with speed and A.T. Perry like awareness.. yeah you could say i'm a fan.. it'd be amazing if he makes it to the 2nd, but if he did there'd have to be a way to get him.. Just imagine, Olave, Perry, Shaheed & Franklin.. smh.. it wouldn't be fair.. LoL!

NW.

Last edited:
Really hope our coaches and scouts are not drafting WRs based on there blocking skills....
Did you not read my entire post? He’s a WR with upside that can be gotten in the 6th that also actually blocks. We have enough finesse or other skill sets in Olave/Sheed/ATP(plus whatever they add in FA like maybe renfrow) that we can afford to take a flyer on a guy in the 6th round that has a skill set that is lacking on the roster. He also like I said has untapped potential as a WR because UGA didn’t really utilize him in that way.

Did you not read my entire post? He’s a WR with upside that can be gotten in the 6th that also actually blocks. We have enough finesse or other skill sets in Olave/Sheed/ATP(plus whatever they add in FA like maybe renfrow) that we can afford to take a flyer on a guy in the 6th round that has a skill set that is lacking on the roster. He also like I said has untapped potential as a WR because UGA didn’t really utilize him in that way.

Saying WRs and block in the same sentence triggers some people around here. The 49ers have a saying "No block, no rock" and our OC came from the 49ers. There's no way he's going into 2024 with Olave, Shaheed and ATP who are all varying levels of finesse guys with Olave the definition of a finesse WR.

Saying WRs and block in the same sentence triggers some people around here. The 49ers have a saying "No block, no rock" and our OC came from the 49ers. There's no way he's going into 2024 with Olave, Shaheed and ATP who are all varying levels of finesse guys with Olave the definition of a finesse WR.
Yeah it's too bad (SF-WR) Jauan Jennings is a RFA, he'd be a reasonable and good X for us. Blocking master with untapped receiving abilities.

Yeah it's too bad (SF-WR) Jauan Jennings is a RFA, he'd be a reasonable and good X for us. Blocking master with untapped receiving abilities.

Juwan was a better WR prospect and he's on the roster. We'd be better off just having him drop the weight he gained to play TE and let him be our X. Move him back to WR and pick up a couple more true TEs. If we did that, we can add other skill set WRs in the draft like a McConkey, Legette, Corley, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom