TIL: Today I Learned... (1 Viewer)

TIL that in America in 2024, we still use the cotton gin…. We are still ginning cotton…. And yet, even though in school i was never taught how to balance a checkbook (which come to think of it, we DONT still use those)- i can still recall that the inventor of the cotton gin was……

……. Say it with me b/c yall all know it:

ELI WHITNEY

TIL that in America in 2024, we still use the cotton gin…. We are still ginning cotton…. And yet, even though in school i was never taught how to balance a checkbook (which come to think of it, we DONT still use those)- i can still recall that the inventor of the cotton gin was……

ELI WHITNEY
Eli Whitney. Nobody has come up with something better because there is likely nothing better.

ELI WHITNEY
Somebody watched this week's Real Time with Bill Maher. :hihi:

Coincidence? Causation?
Why not add satanism as a permissible topic? We don't make it mandatory, but it's ok to teach it in schools.

This is a transparent end around on separation of church and state imo. No one is stopping them from teaching that outside of the school system. If you prove it a better hypothesis then we can add to school curriculums. That's how I understand the process worked for a long time. I see no need to change it for your personal beliefs.

Why not add satanism as a permissible topic? We don't make it mandatory, but it's ok to teach it in schools.

This is a transparent end around on separation of church and state imo. No one is stopping them from teaching that outside of the school system. If you prove it a better hypothesis then we can add to school curriculums. That's how I understand the process worked for a long time. I see no need to change it for your personal beliefs.
Each class would have to be bible study because you can’t prove it scientifically with evidence. So, actual church in school.

We all came to this forum due to our passion for football and the Saints in particular. TIL something about
what was probably the most famous play in NFL history. It was the immaculate reception by Franco Harris
on Dec 24,1972. This particular shot was filmed by Steelers photographer Les Banos. This miracle play literally
saved his life. Banos was also employed by the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team and he was a good friend
of Roberto Clemente. Banos was scheduled to be on the plane with Clemente on Dec. 31st. that was sending
relief supplies to Nicaraguan earthquake victims. That flight crashed and there were no survivors. Since the
Steelers won they had a game on Dec. 31st against the Dolphins. Banos had to work and could not make
the flight with Clemente. Banos went on to live another 39 years.

I never heard of him before a friend of mine posted it on his FB Timeline. Banos was a remarkable man.
He worked as a double agent for NATO during WW2 and gained the trust of some high ranking Nazi
officials. Banos was able to forge documents which saved some Jews from death in the gas chambers.
Here is a good article I found detailing his life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom