TIL: Today I Learned... (2 Viewers)

Today i learned, and im not making this up- that there was a planned sequel to Forrest Gump (not just someone’s pie in the sky idea, but apparently got pretty far into development)- where , amongst other improbabilities , Forrest finds himself during the infamous freeway chase, in the BACKSEAT OF OJ’S BRONCO… that’s a true story .. tagging @guidomerkinsrules since id be interested in his thoughts once he returns from Lent in a month and a half from now .
Life is like an unnecessary sequel

TIL - Gordon Moore & Robert Noyce were two of the pioneers of the semiconductor & integrated circuitry industry. They basically built 'Silicon Valley'. When it came time to name their company, they were initially going to call it 'Moore Noyce'. However they felt the name sounded too much like 'More Noise', so they scrapped it and their company is known today as the INTEL Corporation. The name was derived from INTegrated ELectronics.

TIL that Paul Walker and Denise Richards starred in this movie

Didnt really learn today, but cant figure out where else to post this.. i realized something, i guess you could say, that maybe a small fraction of this board will even get.. with St Patricks Day coming up, i was thinking about the parade we used to go to every year when i was a wee lad, the Metairie St Pattys Day parade.. for a time we lived near the intersection of Severn and W Metairie, and along with all the cabbages and other produce they would throw, they’d throw these frisbees , along with mardi gras style go-cups.. on these cups and Frisbees, i thought it was some elaborate messaging that some parade rider thought of to honor his wife or girlfriend, becuase - and please keep in mind i was a child so my brain wasnt yet fully developed- on each of them was emblazoned the phrase “Erin Go Brah !”…. I thought he was using the Yat language to give a shout-out to his chick named Erin, whoever this guy was…. Only years later did i learn that erin go braugh was in fact a traditional Irish phrase …. :covri:

Didnt really learn today, but cant figure out where else to post this.. i realized something, i guess you could say, that maybe a small fraction of this board will even get.. with St Patricks Day coming up, i was thinking about the parade we used to go to every year when i was a wee lad, the Metairie St Pattys Day parade.. for a time we lived near the intersection of Severn and W Metairie, and along with all the cabbages and other produce they would throw, they’d throw these frisbees , along with mardi gras style go-cups.. on these cups and Frisbees, i thought it was some elaborate messaging that some parade rider thought of to honor his wife or girlfriend, becuase - and please keep in mind i was a child so my brain wasnt yet fully developed- on each of them was emblazoned the phrase “Erin Go Brah !”…. I thought he was using the Yat language to give a shout-out to his chick named Erin, whoever this guy was…. Only years later did i learn that erin go braugh was in fact a traditional Irish phrase …. :covri:
And St Paricks parades is the time of year where all the people hate the term African-American, run arund calling them selves Irish-American and Italian-American..

TIL that Paul Walker and Denise Richards starred in this movie

It is astounding and mind-blowing when most people over the age of 40-45 realize just how insanely, crazy sexy Denise Richards was as a Hollywood "screen-siren" back in the 1990's and early 2000's and a very underrated actress in Starship Troopers, Very Wild Things IIRC, with Neve Campbell in 1998. I'm still puzzled at what she ever saw back then with Charlie Sheen nearly 25 years ago other then he was one of Hollywood's most successful, proverbial "bad boys"---colorful, creative, intelligent and actually a decent actor if he applied himself. For all of Sheen's misses, he did give us Wall Street, Platoon, Hot Shots, Two and a Half Men, he just never completely " grew up" until he got diagnosed with HIV about a decade ago.

TIL - Gordon Moore & Robert Noyce were two of the pioneers of the semiconductor & integrated circuitry industry. They basically built 'Silicon Valley'. When it came time to name their company, they were initially going to call it 'Moore Noyce'. However they felt the name sounded too much like 'More Noise', so they scrapped it and their company is known today as the INTEL Corporation. The name was derived from INTegrated ELectronics.
Sort of add to this as a corresponding statement, but essentially captured German magnetic technology after WWII was extensively researched, analyzed by analysts, data industry scientists for several decades and some of their inventions were the first Beta-max VCR recorder, 8-and-12-track rock and roll/entertainment musical studio recording machines until computers and samplers replaced them by the early-to-mid 80's, first cell phones which debuted IIRC, in 1971.

I'm also not entirely sure the Internet, World Wide Web, IPhones and IPad or even search engines exist in their complex, sophisticated commercialized form if it werent for the MIC (Military-Industrial Complex) or NASA. The first computers, semiconductors were utilized and functioned more like word processors with NASA missions throughout the 1960's as the Arbiternet and the Intranet before it became commercialized by the early 80's by Apple, Microsoft, IBM, and INTEL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom