This years Saints draft and what I have heard (1 Viewer)

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard at least 3 NFL evaluators say, in separate evaluations, that we may have drafted the best player at OT, CB and QB. while I am no expert, I think that could be a stretch, but if it's remotely close, I would say who dat to the 24 draft. That is saying a lot since we only had the mid first round, mid 2nd round and a bunch of 5ths, etc.

I have heard at least 3 NFL evaluators say, in separate evaluations, that we may have drafted the best player at OT, CB and QB. while I am no expert, I think that could be a stretch, but if it's remotely close, I would say who dat to the 24 draft. That is saying a lot since we only had the mid first round, mid 2nd round and a bunch of 5ths, etc.
Who is saying Spencer is the better QB than Williams??

Put their name and experience to it or this thread will be worthless. If it isn't from The Janitor then it isn't true.
My bad. RGIII, said best value on Rattler, not the best QB. RGIII's opinion is not worth much. Baldinger said Fuaga could end up being the best and that husband run blocking is the best, several have said that while Kool Aid didn't have as good a year as his teammate, he may end up being a better pro.

Can't win on every pick. Not a fan of the Spencer pick but whatever. He is a late rounder that might not make the team. One year we did cut half of our picks.

RGIII is not really a college football "scout" for whatever that is worth.

I guess my point is when you have the picks, or lack thereof, that the Saints had, if the CB and Tackle are close to the best and if QB has success as a starter, this will go down as an amazing draft.

The mocks I glanced at over the last 2-3 years had Rattler and Kool-Aid as the top players at their position at some point. Fuaga might not be the best OT, but he is up there. I really like our first 3 picks. We will see how it plays out.

He was once the top prospect in the country and Lincoln Riley had Caleb Williams backing him up before Rattler struggled that season in Oklahoma.

He's got a truly special NFL arm which you just don't often get in the 5th round. South Carolina was kind of a dumpster fire but he made them competitive. He's got actual upside. He seems like he's grown and matured in the last couple years.

The one knock physically might be his height. It'll be interesting to see if he wins the #2 job.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom