Saints post-draft / free agency discussion (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the Saints addressed a couple of spots in free agency and had a solid draft. You can always second guess and the truth is you generally don't know how good (or bad) the draft was for 2-4 years later.

Overall, we addressed positions of need through free agency and the draft. I think we are still light on the O-line although teams generally go shopping once the draft is over.

I'd give this offseason a solid B. How that translates into W's the regular season remains to be seen but I think we made some good moves.

Last edited:
I think that we need to be on the phone asap with Peat, Cam Ewin, Becten and that guard we signed and got hurt in pre season, Trai Turner.
No doubt. We are light at IOL and probably tackle.

A little surprised we only brought in a single HB. I kinda excited a day three draft selection.

We have Kamara and Williams who are both old for HBs.
We have Miller who spent most of last season inactive due to injuries.

I kinda figured we were bringing in more competition in that room. Seems like a high risk room as is.

I think Peat would certainly help solidify an OL that is in transition. Maybe somebody else in this space but Peat makes the most sense to me.

I think Safety is another position where we could and probably need somebody. I think some good players left in this position too.

I suspect TE (or maybe bigger bodied WR) is on the list. This may be a combo of Inline and H-back, ideally in one player.

Wouldn't mind another functional DT for the rotation.

Could be an RB which fits the scheme could be on the cards if they feel the fit of the group they have isn't quite right.

Last edited:
This discussion highlights to me the opportunity lost in not trading down a couple of times after the first round must pick of Fuaga. Lots of holes left on this roster and more to come in 2025 when the old guard is thinned out.

This discussion highlights to me the opportunity lost in not trading down a couple of times after the first round must pick of Fuaga. Lots of holes left on this roster and more to come in 2025 when the old guard is thinned out.
Agreed, but it's worth noting we did draft 7 players, which we often don't reach, and also that dropping down from 45 probably gets you a late round pick and these are very much about potential, development and hope. I'd rather have a falling 1st rounder who should be a starter to a less certain, lower 2nd rounder and another potential, development and hope player.

I think filling out depth with lower tier FA's is probably a safer, short term approach.

You’re not going to fill holes with lower level draft picks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom