Saints post-draft / free agency discussion (1 Viewer)

I think a RB is probably near the top of the list now.

The biggest concern I had going into this draft was OT. They doubled dipped there.

One is a starter, the other is raw but extremely versatile with a sky-high ceiling. So I think there's enough competition and depth there now, enough to focus on the remaining problems in FA.

This discussion highlights to me the opportunity lost in not trading down a couple of times after the first round must pick of Fuaga. Lots of holes left on this roster and more to come in 2025 when the old guard is thinned out.
Also the opportunity lost from the 3rd and 4th round picks we were missing, due to trade ups in previous years. At least next year we have a full draft to work with :)

For sure, get at Andrus Peat &/or Mekhi Becton. But i also think S & EDGE are still positions we need to strengthen. I hope we take long looks at SAFs Justin Simmons, Tracy Walker, Eddie Jackson & Quandre Diggs. As well as EDGEs Yannik Ngakoue, Carl Lawson, Dawuane Smoot & Charles Harris. I hope we’re not done adding ballers to this current roster, cause there’s still a ton of talented vets on the market.

I think Peat would certainly help solidify an OL that is in transition. Maybe somebody else in this space but Peat makes the most sense to me.

I think Safety is another position where we could and probably need somebody. I think some good players left in this position too.

I suspect TE (or maybe bigger bodied WR) is on the list. This may be a combo of Inline and H-back, ideally in one player.

Wouldn't mind another functional DT for the rotation.

Could be an RB which fits the scheme could be on the cards if they feel the fit of the group they have isn't quite right.
Foster Moreau?

I think we will sign 2-3 more guys. Maybe another 1 or 2 veteran OL and a safety.
Didn't forgo any future picks--should have a full allotment next year. I like that along with sticking with picks from power schools vs reaching from smaller school. Believe we have at least 3 starters picks out of the draft. UDFA is a crap shoot but normally find several players that make the team.
Make an offer for Matt Araiza Punter from KC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom