Television recommendations please (2 Viewers)

Here is why I think it may be my wifi extender. I can spend a good half hour doing soft and hard reboots of my tv in the bedroom and get nothing. I can disconnect it, bring it into the living room and it connects immediately after being plugged in. The wifi extender is about 20 ft from the tv, with only the bedroom door in the way, and even with the door open, it won't connect. My laptop and phone connect fine from the bedroom, but they connect just fine even when I bypass the extender and connect to the main hub.

Here is why I think it may be my wifi extender. I can spend a good half hour doing soft and hard reboots of my tv in the bedroom and get nothing. I can disconnect it, bring it into the living room and it connects immediately after being plugged in. The wifi extender is about 20 ft from the tv, with only the bedroom door in the way, and even with the door open, it won't connect. My laptop and phone connect fine from the bedroom, but they connect just fine even when I bypass the extender and connect to the main hub.
I think a mesh router system will solve your issues. You can get a very strong signal everywhere in your house.
They're really not that expensive anymore.
I think I paid $80 for the TP Link Deco system a couple of years ago.
My daughter has the Google system.

I think a mesh router system will solve your issues. You can get a very strong signal everywhere in your house.
They're really not that expensive anymore.
I think I paid $80 for the TP Link Deco system a couple of years ago.
My daughter has the Google system.
I’ll look at that, thanks!

Ok, my 50 inch Vizio just sheet the bed during the half time show, smh. I've been critical of the wifi on the Vizio but I'm not so sure it won't be the same with any other brand. I do have a limited budget, but I want another 50 inch. Is there a such thing as better wifi on a TV? Any recommendations?

Ok, my 50 inch Vizio just sheet the bed during the half time show, smh. I've been critical of the wifi on the Vizio but I'm not so sure it won't be the same with any other brand. I do have a limited budget, but I want another 50 inch. Is there a such thing as better wifi on a TV? Any recommendations?
I hear good things about this but it doesn't have a 50" model. The 50" is a lower model. I don't know if that is as good. Might be.

I know that the u8 gets great reviews. A quick scan of YouTube makes it appear as though the U6 will not disappoint.
Yeh, after viewing those yesterday on the U6H series, I went ahead and ordered one. Now, I'm thinking I may regret it because I just realized that it may not be Chromecast compatible. We'll see, and if it isn't, I guess I'll just have to do without casting. It's just so convenient sometimes when I'm surfing YT and find something that has a longish runtime and want to watch on the TV instead of the monitor.

Hisense 50U6HF arrived today. So far, excellent. Great audio, really nice picture, eliminated my multiple remotes to just the one, built in FireTV is fast and very responsive, YES it is castable! Going to have to adjust the picture a bit as the darks aren't very good, just did a quick look at HotD to take a look and it's not that good. Brights are great, darkness not so much.

Going to have to adjust the picture a bit as the darks aren't very good, just did a quick look at HotD to take a look and it's not that good. Brights are great, darkness not so much.

This unfortunately is a weakness of LED tvs, especially present in the budget models. Due to limited dimming zones, darkness and contrast will suffer. I made a post about it last year with more detail

Even the more expensive LED Tv models (like the one I referenced in that post) will still have bloom. Trade off is a brighter picture vs OLED

the youtube reviewer fomo usually goes over these aspects in his reviews, I believe rtings does as well. I spent way too much time researching this last year lol

Hisense 50U6HF arrived today. So far, excellent. Great audio, really nice picture, eliminated my multiple remotes to just the one, built in FireTV is fast and very responsive, YES it is castable! Going to have to adjust the picture a bit as the darks aren't very good, just did a quick look at HotD to take a look and it's not that good. Brights are great, darkness not so much.
You can't download the youtube app onto your tv?
Even my old smart tv's have that ability.
No doubt any of the streaming devices (Firestick / Roku, etc) Have youtube on them.

You can't download the youtube app onto your tv?
Even my old smart tv's have that ability.
No doubt any of the streaming devices (Firestick / Roku, etc) Have youtube on them.
It does and I do watch YT on it, but sometimes I’ll be surfing YT on the pc, much easier, and want to cast a video to the tv. I could search for it separately but it’s easier just to cast it.

We caught the Samsung Frame TVs on sale last week and jumped to grab one for the bedroom. I have never liked the look of having a TV in the bedroom, so this has been something I have been thinking about for a while after I saw the improved the actual TV quality after last year. I really love how it hugs the wall.

I plan on shopping for some trim and making a frame for it instead of buying their plain, expensive frame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom