Science! (3 Viewers)

Scientists have found the source of the brightest gamma-ray burst ever detected.

The astonishingly bright signal – dubbed the ‘BOAT’, or brightest of all time – was found in October 2022. It was more than 10 times more powerful than any such gamma-ray burst or GRB detected before, and is thought to be a phenomenon that Earth sees only ever 10,000 years.

Now researchers say they have confirmed that it was the result of the collapse and then explosion of a massive star. Previously, researchers had been unable to confirm the source because the GRB itself was so bright, but they have now been able to do so using Nasa’s James Webb Space Telescope.….

It has to be either a conspiracy or the people on the "Ancient Aliens" show are right.

I just saw that there is an Ancient Aliens touring show. This guy is one of the speakers and the tixs are about $50 on average….a lot of $$$ to be made in the conjecture field. ;)

I actually watch that stuff just to laugh at them. I also always thought he was an Alien based on that hair.
I've said this before

i used to watch the show quite a bit when it first came on, haven't watched in years

Each individual episode was interesting but when you watch too many it makes it seem like Ancient Earth was like the bar in Star Wars, just aliens everywhere

Scientists say they have found new evidence that there is a hidden planet in our solar system.

For years, some astronomers have been suggesting that unusual behaviour on the edge of our solar system is best explained by another, undiscovered planet. That helps explain the orbits of objects that lie at the very far reaches of our solar system, more than 250 times away from the Sun than we are.

Now Konstantin Bogytin, an astronomer who helped popularise the theory, says that he and his team have found yet more evidence that suggests that planet exists. The new work represents “the strongest statistical evidence yet that Planet 9 is really out there”, he said.…..

Fossil vertebrae unearthed in a mine in western India are the remains of one of the largest snakes that ever lived, a monster estimated at up to 15 metres in length – longer than a T rex.

Scientists have recovered 27 vertebrae from the snake, including a few still in the same position as they would have been when the reptile was alive. They said the snake, which they named Vasuki indicus, would have looked like a large python and would not have been venomous.….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom