Science! (5 Viewers)

Newly deciphered passages from a papyrus scroll that was buried beneath layers of volcanic ash after the AD79 eruption of Mount Vesuvius may have shed light on the final hours of Plato, a key figure in the history of western philosophy.

In a groundbreaking discovery, the ancient scroll was found to contain a previously unknown narrative detailing how the Greek philosopher spent his last evening, describing how he listened to music played on a flute by a Thracian slave girl.

Despite battling a fever and being on the brink of death, Plato – who was known as a disciple of Socrates and a mentor to Aristotle, and who died in Athens around 348BC – retained enough lucidity to critique the musician for her lack of rhythm, the account suggests.

The decoded words also suggest Plato’s burial site was in his designated garden in the Academy of Athens, the world’s first university, which he founded, adjacent to the Mouseion. Previously, it was only known in general terms that he was buried within the academy.……

This technology allows the reverse microwave to draw heat away from the contents inside, lowering their temperature in just minutes. The concept behind reverse microwaves has existed for decades, but the technology is only now becoming available for home use in the United States.

Hope it’s ok to put this here….we just had an earthquake in So Cal. The epicenter is pretty close to where I live. I don’t think that I’ll ever get use to the ground rolling and swaying under me. Thank goodness this one didnt have strong jolts.

IMG_0176.jpeg

Yeah, glad I don't have to deal with earthquakes... gives me the heebee jeebees just thinking about them...

...but the ground rolling, walls swaying sounds like a typical Saturday night... ;)
Yeah, it is a little like that…haha.

My kids are born here so I think they are use to it…not their old man though. Nope

What would it be like to meet one of our closest human relatives from 75,000 years ago in the flesh?

Scientists have produced a remarkable reconstruction of what a Neanderthal woman would have looked like when she was alive.

It is based on the flattened, shattered remains of a skull whose bones were so soft when excavated they had the consistency of "a well-dunked biscuit".

Researchers first had to strengthen the fragments before reassembling them.

Expert palaeoartists then created the 3D model............

1714688279682.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom