Play-In Tournament: Los Angeles Lakers(47-35) @ New Pelicans(49-33) at 6:30 pm on TNT. Deja Vu in da Bayou. (2 Viewers)

You lost me at build around BI. Can't build a serious contender with him as your best player. It's just not possible.
No. Get a better player that can shoot. BI is still a borderline All Star and solid #2. Build around him with a modern 5 and a legit #1 like JM in ATL and picks. You do that by moving Z while you can.

Like I said. I know it’s unpopular. But this is a perennial playin disappointment team with Willie at the helm and your best player that takes 20 threes a season, with a bowling ball mentality. Watch any other legit contender and you’d know this.

Like I said. I know it’s unpopular. But this is a perennial playin disappointment team with Willie at the helm and your best player that takes 20 threes a season, with a bowling ball mentality. Watch any other legit contender and you’d know this.

Your best player doesn't need to be able to shoot. You think Giannis taking 1.7 threes a game at a 27% clip is what really puts that team over the top? No. They build around him with a supporting cast who mesh well with what he does. We're not doing that.

Your best player doesn't need to be able to shoot. You think Giannis taking 1.7 threes a game at a 27% clip is what really puts that team over the top? No. They build around him with a supporting cast who mesh well with what he does. We're not doing that.
Hear me

Ingram CJ Larry Willie Green OUT

Dejounte Murray Lauri Markkanen and mobile 5 IN

He’s a 1 of 1 player. And he shoots 10x more 3s a season than Z does. And yes I’m serious. He also takes mid range shots at 5 times the rate. You can’t be one dimensional and be the best player on your team. It gets you where we have been.

Him shooting 10x more 3s a season as Zion has zero to do with their success.

In a league dominated by shooting big men…. Of course not.

Dont believe me. Watch how guys like GA and Embid and Joker are defended. Then watch the hilarious defense Zion gets when he’s not 1 ft from the rim.

sheet matters.

If this team has a shooting Big instead of Zion with the exact same supporting cast. This is a 1 or 2 seed in the west.

Hopefully Zion is ready on Friday.

I think you have to put Trey back in the starting lineup either way.
Trey in the starting lineup hasnt helped. They have been a below .500 team after BI went down and have scored above 115 points exactly ONE time. Only 106 tonight after 108 last game against a Lakers team below average on defense. People keep trying to act like Trey playing off Z has been this magical elixir this season and it just hasn't been.

If CJ doesn't go off for 25 - 30 they just can't score nor win many games. The #1 issue for this team starts at the 5. JV + Larry = massive failure.

Head coach Willie Green told reporters that Williamson was dealing with left-leg soreness and that he was scheduled for an MRI on Wednesday.
Hadn’t heard anything that it’s a season ending hamstring injury.

Zion balled out 2nd half of this year and had solid availability with 70 games this season. Trey, Herb and Jose are all solid pieces never to be moved. CJ, BI and JV are the moveable pieces. Build around Zion and our young talent. Willie is a problem too but just got extended..

Assuming Zion returns for next play-in game, as much as I wanted to beat Lakers we match up better vs OKC than the Nuggets. Still a long shot but if Zion is fine we have a chance.

Him shooting 10x more 3s a season as Zion has zero to do with their success.
Everything else he does has everything to do with their success. Gianis' game is more than just bully-ball thru the lane for lay-ups.

I feel like all these issues are objectively true. The 5 has been a problem for two seasons now and it turns obvious wound into a giant gapping hole at the center of the team to the point where we can't counter teams attacking it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom