Not understanding the Keon Coleman hype at all (2 Viewers)

Yeah his speed test results, combined with tape concern confirmations, have turned me off to him.

Fourth round prospect.

MT13 ran a 4.57, Coleman a 4.61. That is basically the same. I would not fret about .04 if that is your concern. He is same size as MT13.

You’d think that, but you’d notice the difference if they were running side by side. Every hundreth of a second matters.

Also, MT’s explosiveness in and out of breaks is unparalleled.

His speed is not a concern... go watch the vids... he had his best games when they mattered (and he had a QB)... he returned punts... He makes contested catches... He runs good routes... He breaks tackles.... He's too big for CBs... He's too quick for LBs... He's too fast for most S.... He's exactly what you want to complement players like Olave and Shaheed. Don't overthink his 40 time.

You’d think that, but you’d notice the difference if they were running side by side. Every hundreth of a second matters.

Also, MT’s explosiveness in and out of breaks is unparalleled.
I think you are comparing 5-6 year veteran MT to a college player. Read the concerns of MT when he came out-

Coleman-

Guy is a freak, makes contested catches, can be hard to cover, and could be a handy red zone tool.
Considering how bad we were in the red zone last year, we could use a guy like Coleman. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but if we do take him, I won’t be mad. Maybe not the fastest guy, but he is smooth and I’ve seen him break some long gainers when he has some space.

I think you are comparing 5-6 year veteran MT to a college player. Read the concerns of MT when he came out-

Coleman-

Fair point.

Yeah his speed test results, combined with tape concern confirmations, have turned me off to him.

Fourth round prospect.
His speed test result? If I'm not mistaken, he was the fastest in the gauntlet this year. And if tape concerns didn't turn off people from Williams and Maye, Coleman should have some grace..lol. I think his actual play speed and ball hawking skills are top tier but he does need work. I think with more development, he would be a beast from the slot.

Think I’d prefer the TE Jatavion Sanders if we are looking for a big body receiving threat.

He has some special traits that if honed properly, could make him a big time player.

I see him as a big slot WR, redzone WR, and as a part of the running game. I don't have concerns in those areas. Now if I'm looking for him to be in the place of Olave or Rasheed I would be a bit worried. I would like this pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom