Opinion Fixing The Draft Broadcast (1 Viewer)

bigdub81

Official SR Logo Designer
Reaction score
I don’t know about y’all but the draft seems to be extra long winded more than it’s been before. I appreciate the visual they put on but the Day2 filler could use some help. Here are just a few of my critiques:

1. Move the TV announcers to the main stage for Day2 and beyond if players won’t be presented with their jersey. Nobody cares for who you’re peddling behind the podium.

2. Use a voice over actress like Janora McDuffie to announce all picks for Day2 and beyond because ex-players, currents, fans, etc. are not where it’s at and it’s dragging the time out.

3. Stop hiring actors as “fans” of each team and putting them up to the stage where real fans should be. These people you are putting on camera are strictly for reaction shots and have absolutely no idea who these players are. Plus you’re copying and pasting their costumes with no effort to sell them as real fans.

4. If you must pimp an ex-player, current, fan or service member, etc. do it sparingly like every 10 picks. And for the love of God please make sure they’ve had at least some pre-testing to their ability to announce a simple name.

Well, one thing, don't let Rolf Benirschke go on and on about his Crohn's disease while announcing the 69th pick. Geesh, dude.

I don’t know about y’all but the draft seems to be extra long winded more than it’s been before. I appreciate the visual they put on but the Day2 filler could use some help. Here are just a few of my critiques:

1. Move the TV announcers to the main stage for Day2 and beyond if players won’t be presented with their jersey. Nobody cares for who you’re peddling behind the podium.

2. Use a voice over actress like Janora McDuffie to announce all picks for Day2 and beyond because ex-players, currents, fans, etc. are not where it’s at and it’s dragging the time out.

3. Stop hiring actors as “fans” of each team and putting them up to the stage where real fans should be. These people you are putting on camera are strictly for reaction shots and have absolutely no idea who these players are. Plus you’re copying and pasting their costumes with no effort to sell them as real fans.

4. If you must pimp an ex-player, current, fan or service member, etc. do it sparingly like every 10 picks. And for the love of God please make sure they’ve had at least some pre-testing to their ability to announce a simple name.
I'm old man yelling at clouds, but just make it Saturday/Sunday again.

I made a post titled goodell ruined draft. I highlighted the extra antics that have been added to the draft but surprisingly there are people on this board who feel the draft should be paying honor to the 1900
And where we are as a nation now. Thought holidays and memorials would be the time to see how we grew as a nation, not the nfl draft. But to each is own

Number 3 is my question mark for a while. I seriously don't think they are real fans but actors dressing up. I find it really funny seeing people get super excited about a late rounder or an unknown player like it is best pick ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom