Not understanding the Keon Coleman hype at all (1 Viewer)

Silverfox

Veteran
Reaction score
Is it because he is a big physical receiver from Louisiana? Why is he rated so high by you guys and others?

I have a hard time believing he will make an impact in the NFL due to his slow release and speed. Everything I've seen on him has MAJOR concerns and yet folks here wants him to be Michael Thomas replacement. He is slower than Mike Thomas and I worry he can get legit separation in the NFL.

Last edited:
Is it because he is a big physical receiver from Louisiana? Why is he rated so high by you guys and others?

I have a hard time believing he will make an impact in the NFL due to his slow release and speed. Everything I've seen on him has MAJOR concerns and yet folks here wants him to be Michael Thomas replacement. He is slower than Mike Thomas can legit getting separation in the NFL.

Not a fan of Coleman, I like my recievers to create separation.

Count me in as another nay … personally, I’m hoping for Luke McCaffrey in the fifth

I have a hard time believing he will make an impact in the NFL due to his slow release and speed. Everything I've seen on him has MAJOR concerns and yet folks here wants him to be Michael Thomas replacement. He is slower than Mike Thomas and I worry he can get legit separation in the NFL.

I share the same concerns, what I see that helps him is he's very agile and twitchy for his size (check out his returns) and thus could be a RAC guy. The problem is, as you've noted, his inability to get separation forces him to have great hands (which they are sticky).

He reminds me of Laquon Treadwell, and that blew up in the vikings face.

I share your concerns, but it's not like just people from Louisiana rate him. Many had him going in the 1st and most everywhere had him as a 2nd round pick.

Personally, I don't like the lack of separation and the fact that he never really seemed to dominate a game except against a terrible LSU defense. But, maybe the lack of separation can be fixed with better route running or better technique? I think people like him because he's huge, makes contested catches, and gets YAC. But, I see him as a less quick Treylon Burks who has be very underwhelming in the NFL. I see better value in Johnny Wilson at FSU who you can likely get in the 4th who is much faster and quicker with the same basic skill set.

I don’t think his timed speed is the same as his game speed, when he did the gauntlet drill at the combine he ran it faster than all the WRs there without any drops.

He was also a good return man which makes him more of a threat with the ball after the catch too.

I’m not going to pound the table for the dude because there’s other good ones available but his name was brought up multiple times on NOF the last few weeks so he must be on their radar.

He is slower than Mike Thomas and I worry he can get legit separation in the NFL.

MT13 ran a 4.57, Coleman a 4.61. That is basically the same. I would not fret about .04 if that is your concern. He is same size as MT13.

I’m not arguing that he should be our pick but Coleman is as reliable a receiver as they come. He can make tough, contested catches. He has great body control and catch radius. He isn’t afraid to block in the run game. He’s a good all around player.

I don’t think his timed speed is the same as his game speed, when he did the gauntlet drill at the combine he ran it faster than all the WRs there without any drops.

He was also a good return man which makes him more of a threat with the ball after the catch too.

I’m not going to pound the table for the dude because there’s other good ones available but his name was brought up multiple times on NOF the last few weeks so he must be on their radar.
Yeah listening to Ross just now he said the same. I don't care about underwear speed I care about football speed. Having said that I know zilch about the guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom