Is it just me (1 Viewer)

Personally the draft for me shakes out as:
Holes
Needs
Wants

As of right now, Latt is on the team. That spot becomes a hole when his name is not listed on our depth chart. No different than when we drafted Taylor bc we had Roby. Now we are back to being 4 deep at the moment. I can’t say that is a hole
Because we drafted KAM. If we didn't, we'd be 3 deep. Depth was needed. DB is also DA's strength. You can't have too many good DB's. We potentially shored up our strength. That's a good thing.

One of the Saints’ best drafts in history were when they had five picks in the first top 100 of the draft. That’s a game changer for a team with a tight cap situation and really for any team in the salary cap era. The Saints need to figure out how to make that happen again.
We traded several players for draft picks. It was a conscious decision on our part.

All I heard all offseason is how the Saints put themselves into a position where they have to draft need over BPA. And why we are stuck being mediocre because we never draft BPA. That good teams take BPA and then figure out needs somehow. Then last night the Saints draft BPA. They draft a corner with first round grade that fell to the the second and was top of most boards. Now there some posters that having been saying it was wrong pick because it didn’t address a need. Which is it guys? Do you want us to draft need or BPA?
They want whatever it is we didn't do.

It’s a very important position to have depth. If you’re down a corner or two due to injury, your defense takes a huge step back. With the Kool-Aid pick, this is the deepest secondary I remember us having.

I also think the trade is justified because this draft is very top heavy for corners. To me, if you didn’t get one by the early second, you would have to take a chance later on a project.

Kool-Aid could very well be the top corner in the draft when all is said and done, and we got him in the second round. He was not going to make it to our pick, so the trade was a great move.
Exactly. You buy the spare tire before you get a flat, not after. That's why I wanted us to draft a RB potentially because who knows if we keep Kamara next year, but I guess that's one position we can probably roll with a rookie. Williams looked sloth slow last year and Kendre only had a single good game, though it was the finale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom