Inflation here? gas/grocery prices just continue to climb (1 Viewer)

Well, we'll have to disagree there. It's not a huge gap, but I do think there's more than you're acknowledging. I think bclemms captures my sentiments better than I can.
Well, I’m in total agreement with bclemms post also, so perhaps you and I are just arguing about how many board members are dancing at the head of a conference room table.

Once again, not in virulent disagreement with the underlying point, I just take issue with the “pocketing” part. Depending on the company, most of it is going to shareholders in some form or fashion - most likely dividends, stock buybacks, drawing down debt, or reinvestment back into the company. Any that’s staying as corporate cash reserves is likely because there’s not an efficient place for it, which is not a happy place for the company involved. There’s simply not as much mustache twirling as people seem to think.

Just want to note that three out of the those four are examples of how corporations "pocket" money. 😁

The owners?
Exactly, if by that you mean the shareholders. Or often, rather the shareholders as channelled by the analyst community -- and, ultimately, as evidenced by their buy/sell actions. Granted, it's very hard to tell from quarterly call-to-quarterly call which is the dog and which is the tail.

I don't deny that it's a pretty screwed up and ultimately self-defeating approach -- the dogs unleashed since 1981 seem pretty close to running off a cliff. But the whole "pocketing" analogy to create an impression of theft or impropriety is baloney, imo. And somewhat funny when people holding broadly invested 401k accounts get up in arms about the system.

The CEO has, that is why he is happy people have resorted to eating cereal for dinner for some families.

Ok so I caught the commercial tonite.

Family of 4 sitting around dinner table, eating cereal for dinner (and telling a cartoon chicken that it can have the "night off")

So Kellogs is actually advertising cereal as dinner.

Ok so I caught the commercial tonite.

Family of 4 sitting around dinner table, eating cereal for dinner (and telling a cartoon chicken that it can have the "night off")

So Kellogs is actually advertising cereal as dinner.
Maybe this will be of interest since it relates to your topic...

Maybe this will be of interest since it relates to your topic...

Lol i actually did that last year when i lived/worked in the Philippines.. the food sucked so bad, i resorted to keeping a box of GrapeNuts in my condo, along with a bag of granola- and every night id slice a banana on top of that bowl of cereal and that’d be my dinner.. I liked certain aspects of that country but couldnt wait to fly out so i could find a decent meal .

Lol i actually did that last year when i lived/worked in the Philippines.. the food sucked so bad, i resorted to keeping a box of GrapeNuts in my condo, along with a bag of granola- and every night id slice a banana on top of that bowl of cereal and that’d be my dinner.. I liked certain aspects of that country but couldnt wait to fly out so i could find a decent meal .
Good to know. I visited a different country in Asia....that being Singapore.
Many good meals available in Singapore.

Last edited:
Good to know. I visit a different country in Asia....that being Singapore.
Many good meals available in Singapore.

I havent been to Singapore for much more than a layover, but from what i understand, Singapore and Japan are two of the most expensive countries on Earth .. best food ive found anywhere, consistently , is in Thailand- and it’s dirt cheap .

*Tangent*

This may have been true back in the day, but I can attest that dirt is no longer cheap. Shirt going for around $400 a load.

I am so confused .. mind translating that to English ? I worked for six months in Asia last year, and when i was in Thailand id have awesome meals at restaurants for $3 or $4 US dollars.. and just about every night id have their version of UberEats delivered to my condo for $5 or $6 US dollars, for a very decent amount of good food .

I am so confused .. mind translating that to English ? I worked for six months in Asia last year, and when i was in Thailand id have awesome meals at restaurants for $3 or $4 US dollars.. and just about every night id have their version of UberEats delivered to my condo for $5 or $6 US dollars, for a very decent amount of good food .

talking about construction- 12 yard dump truck of dirt- $400

you said "dirt cheap" - he saying "dirt aint cheap".

get it? like a dad joke lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom